Home General Discussion
Options

Reccomendations

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
Hey all...

I am looking for some help finding some good sticks.

I like the acid line, cold infusion being my favorite.

But I want to get out of just the infused cigars. Something mellow and smooth, not oily (like the acid nasty)

Thanks in advanced

:D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Welcome to the forums.

First off, I would suggest the 5 Vegas line - specifically the classic and gold. Those are smooth and mild sticks. Additionally, the cigar.com house blend blue and purple lines are excellent sticks. Standby as more knowledgeable folks will weigh in shortly. If you still want more suggestions, call the sales staff - they are known to bend over backwards to make you happy. Best customer service in the business.

Glad to have you here and props for knowing to use the line breaks on your first post. Took me a month to figure it out.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5 Vega classic is a good smoke that won't knock you over.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make sure any sticks you get that aren't infused are stored separately from the infused sticks or they may end up tasting like your acids.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Just make sure any sticks you get that aren't infused are stored separately from the infused sticks or they may end up tasting like your acids.
    Thanks for the heads up on that, since you brought that up, any way to minimize the transfer in a small humidor? I know the wife would throw a fit if I had two haha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I forgot to mention that you should read the links contained in Kuzi's signature. You can search for him or he may post here with advice. I read it every 2-4 months and I can't even quantify how it's helped me when I first started out.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I said it before and I'll say it again.. Macanudo makes a great mild cigar. Best selling cigar in America. I enjoyed them Eighteen years ago and would smoke one anyday.
    My tastes have moved to the Full bodied side so I don't keep many around, but I do have a couple in my humidor for the day I may need to introduce a novice to cigars.
    Casa Torano is a nice mild smoke, as well as the Gran Habano Connecticut #1. Rocky Patel Connecticut, and an old school brand, Romeo y Julieta Reserva.
    If you want to spend some money try the Ashton Classic, The Griffins, and one of my favorites Avo Classic. Stick to the Corona sizes as they are less intimidating.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Mellow sticks: Oliva Connecticutt Reserve, Graycliff G2, 5 Vegas Gold and AVO. All connecticuts. I've found that cigars in Sumatra wrappers tend to be good medium of smooth and flavorful. Some recommendations being La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial, 5 Vegas Classic (the torpedo!), and La Herencia Cubana original (the latter two being the more economically priced). Good hunting, and welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    y2pascoe:
    Mellow sticks: Oliva Connecticutt Reserve, Graycliff G2, 5 Vegas Gold and AVO. All connecticuts. I've found that cigars in Sumatra wrappers tend to be good medium of smooth and flavorful. Some recommendations being La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial, 5 Vegas Classic (the torpedo!), and La Herencia Cubana original (the latter two being the more economically priced). Good hunting, and welcome to the forums!

First off, Welcome! 2nd: Get a cooler ready. LOL. This brother mentioned some great sticks for branching out off the acid lines. Might even consider calling in to customer service and having a chat with a rep so they can get a feel for what your looking to try and they can offer up some great suggestions.

Another route you could look at is the ccom sampler or even the mild/medium samplers. That way you can start getting a range of sticks to start out at and see whats right for "you". In short kick back, relax, and enjoy!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    A couple of my favorite milder sticks that haven't yet been named are Gurkha Park Ave and Cusano 18 Connecticut
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    I'm haven't tried the cold infusion but I was a fan of the Kuba Kuba before I moved on to non-infused cigars. If you don't want to go very mild right off the bat, I know I liked something a little bolder but not overwhelming to start, I would recommend: Oliva Serie G Cameroon, CAO MX2, Rocky Patel Decade, Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, 5 Vegas Classic. The Serie G Cameroon I would start with that is the mildest of these medium bodied cigar and a great value, 5 Vegas classic also a great value. Also don't stock up on too many milds you may find you want something stronger and have a humidor full of milds.
  • Options
    wow thanks everyone. Will be shopping for some today and see what I come out with. A cooler?????? I have a subculture acid humidor that my wife got me for my birthday.. but there are no instructions for it. It came with the humidor thing..but did not tell me what I need to do with it or if I need to add anything to it.... help anyone? lol
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    wow thanks everyone. Will be shopping for some today and see what I come out with. A cooler?????? I have a subculture acid humidor that my wife got me for my birthday.. but there are no instructions for it. It came with the humidor thing..but did not tell me what I need to do with it or if I need to add anything to it.... help anyone? lol
    Everyone has a little different way of "seasoning" their humidor... here is mine: First off you can only use distilled water so make sure you have a gallon jug of that. Pour a fair amount into a very clean bowl/mug/cup etc. Using a terry cloth that has some nap to it and once again is CLEAN, soak that in the distilled water. Let it drip out some so that it isn't leaving a trail of water wherever you have it and then coat the inside of the humi on all cedar surfaces until it is nearly shinny with moisture. Close up the box for 2-3 days and charge your humidification device. After 3-4 days and using your hygrometer check the level of humidification. The hygrometer should read somewhere very close to 70 degrees Fahrenheit and between 65-70% humidity. Once it stabilizes in that range, load up your sticks and they are good to go. -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    For my infused sticks I just store them in ziplock bags with a humi pack now so they don't flavor my humidors. Also the I infused sticks aren't ment to be aged and loose flavor or time so I try to smoke them within a year of getting them...the sooner the better.
  • Options
    seriously... only distilled!!??? for @#$@#$ sakes. Just went to a shop and guy said i just use regular old water (for his big ass shop) So I come home and grab the humidty thingy lol (round deal that sticks inside the humidor) and throw some water in it and let it soak in..... Have I ruined it now? I have 14 sticks in there..... but couldnt find any of the rec. sticks so I bought...: CAO- OSA sol Quorum Shade Arturo Fuente Special selction, Gran Reserves Diamond Back Dulce Humo Perdomo Habano Macanudo- Court Perdomo Atriarch And just smoked a Drew Estate- Java with Mint... was scared but was pretty good.
  • Options
    If you use regular water you run the risk of mold and other bad things. They sell different humidification products, gel beads, PG/Distilled solution that will keep your humidor at 70%. I think it is well worth the investment if you are keeping $100s worth of cigars in a humidor (assuming a 20 to 50 count).
  • Options
    bigmatt72:
    If you use regular water you run the risk of mold and other bad things. They sell different humidification products, gel beads, PG/Distilled solution that will keep your humidor at 70%. I think it is well worth the investment if you are keeping $100s worth of cigars in a humidor (assuming a 20 to 50 count).
    alright thanks, will have to change it out then. on a side note, where if Wyoming you from? I am from Gillette originally, also lived in Torrignton, Casper, and in the Big Horns above Buffalo for a year working at a resort.