Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Newbie

Hey just joined and recently just started smoking cigars.. Bought myself a plain 75 count humidor from Thompson Cigars. A friend recommended i buy beads and tube from Heartfelt..and also a digital humidor... finally got everything in and seasoned my humidor for about 4 days. Been spending all my time on cigarbid.com spending a lot...xikar v cut, some 90 rated boutique (come to find out not really worth it)... but anyways trying to get more into cigars and would like to fill this empty humidor... any recommendations? (where to buy, what to buy, etc)

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    Welcome.... I can't recommend any, only because i'm new too! You'll have some very soon though..
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Yo man hows it going? Glad you can make it here!

Tapewormz is a good friend of mine and we had a smoke last night. Gave him a ISOM Monte while I lit up a Davidoff. Great relaxing time with some great weather here!

Welcome to the forum Mel.

FYI...Just dont mention other sites here as its "frowned" upon...

And here is the website that will help you post
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/post/71003.aspx
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    TapeWormZ:
    Hey just joined and recently just started smoking cigars.. Bought myself a plain 75 count humidor from Thompson Cigars. A friend recommended i buy beads and tube from Heartfelt..and also a digital humidor... finally got everything in and seasoned my humidor for about 4 days. Been spending all my time on cigarbid.com spending a lot...xikar v cut, some 90 rated boutique (come to find out not really worth it)... but anyways trying to get more into cigars and would like to fill this empty humidor... any recommendations? (where to buy, what to buy, etc) Thanks
    I would start out with CCOM labels and get the variety pack to try all the different wrappers to get a feel of what kind of wrappers you like.
    Don't buy boxes right off the bat, taste around and find out which cigar you really like and then get a box and then age them. :)
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to forum, got to get that in since Shawn knows you. I didn't think the guy associated with anyone outside the forum. There's a thread here made by DSWarmack in the General Discussions. Helps alot of new guys starting out in the forum. Enjoy your time here and I look forward to the conversations.....

• Options
    Oh by the way, this is TapeWormZ I'm talking about here..my first lighter went overboard

TapeWormZ
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Welcome. You're in good company.
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    Welcome to forum, got to get that in since Shawn knows you. I didn't think the guy associated with anyone outside the forum. There's a thread here made by DSWarmack in the General Discussions. Helps alot of new guys starting out in the forum. Enjoy your time here and I look forward to the conversations.....

LMAO Rick! Yea, I have a close group of friends, not many. But just like cigars, I like quality, not quantity.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    RCY Cigars:

LMAO Rick! Yea, I have a close group of friends, not many. But just like cigars, I like quality, not quantity.

Yeah, I'm finding that to be more for me also. I've been weeding out the cigars I don't frequent much. For better quality rather inexpensive or expensive. Maybe Tapewormz might want to try some, lol....

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome aboard. Check out the sprint sale site. You can grab some 5 packs of some milder sticks until you learn what you like.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. Guard your addy.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Welcome aboard. Check out the sprint sale site. You can grab some 5 packs of some milder sticks until you learn what you like.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Be warned though, your wallet can decrease in value quickly. Have to have safe control.

• Options
    greg2648:
    +1. LOL

I would bomb Mel, but hell he bombs himself when he comes over for a smoke and gets in my humi...hahah
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    Only people I would trust with your addy is RCY, MTucelli, me, y2pascoe, and James40....... To name Agee. Lol
  • Options
    Lakota72:
    greg2648:
    Only people I would trust with your addy is RCY, MTucelli, me, y2pascoe, and James40....... To name Agee. Lol
    Uhh yea, I think Lakota inhaled his cigar last night.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    Lakota72:
    greg2648:
    Better just post it here, they will find it out anyway. lol.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    greg2648:
    zeebra:
    Lakota72:
    greg2648:
    Better just post it here, they will find it out anyway. lol.

There is no way of hiding it..just get it out there and invest in a cooler. LOL. Welcome aboard brother!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Yea Shawn helping me out with this whole thing... lol i called him and asked him what bomb meant.

Posted on the newbie trade forum if anyone wants to do a trade..

Thanks for the welcome...
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, since Zeebra vouched for you here make sure you PM me your info so we can get you on the 1000 post pass for our noobs.
  • Options
    pm sent