Home Cigar 101
Options

smoking style

As I smoked tonight, while thinking about the stick itself I also thought about my style of smoking. I noticed I prefer to put the cigar on the left side of my mouth and towards the end I go for the middle. I was just curious, what is your smoking style? Left, right, down the middle? Do you think it makes a difference on how the smoke hits the inside of your mouth?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Considering I'm left handed I put it in the right side of my mouth (I use my right hand to smoke).
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm ambidextrous, I always smoke on the Left side. It just doesn't seem right on the right.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I go for right down the middle, a cigar just doesn't feel right on either side unless I'm simply holding it. Now if we are talking pipes, then I prefer to clench it on the right side near my canines.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never really thought of it before but I guess I'm mainly a middle of the road guy.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I smoke with my right hand(I am right handed) and smoke down the middle, never really thought about doing it another way. I don't often hold the cigar in my mouth either until the end when it gets a little lighter in weight, if I do anything to favor a side, I favor the right.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I'm a right down the middle kinda guy. But on the exhale, I'll usually pick left or right depending on the drift of the smoke. I think if i was having a pipe, it would be off to the right just a bit. Kinda like Joe mentioned, around the canines. Being right handed, I kinda favor to the right.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am a ambidextrious smoker and generally smoke with it just left of center. Just seems to be where it fits best
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right hander, and hold the stick between my index and middle finger of my right hand, using my index finger to wrap around the gar normally about where the band is. I don't gum my sticks too much and keep the cap fairly dry considering that you have to put it in your mouth to inhale lol. Just off to the left of center of the middle line for the mouth. -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    joshvoigtjoshvoigt Posts: 325
    I smoke left handed and like that bad boy just left of center. Don't hold it in my mouth usually like to set it down in the ashtray between puffs.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    left handed. right side of mouth.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Right or left handed, just depends on where I am in relation to the ashtray. I tend to leave the cigar waiting in the stirrups between puffs and never hold it in my mouth.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Left handed and usually hold it between puffs or sit it on the ashtray....if I'm doing something and have to pack it in my mouth, I put it to the off centered to the left a little...
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    The other night I tried holding it with my teeth while i was changing music on my phone.... not a good idea. My damn K-9's almost poked a hole in the wrapper! LOL
  • Options
    Yeah but the only problem is that the company is manufacturing a item that is in the "gray area" and is not mandated by the FDA or the DOH. So really this could have worse side effects then cigarettes.

electronic cigarettes|e liquid|e cigarette
  • Options
    ainimorbaysa:
    Yeah but the only problem is that the company is manufacturing a item that is in the "gray area" and is not mandated by the FDA or the DOH. So really this could have worse side effects then cigarettes.

I'm confused? Is this spam?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    howtobass:
    ainimorbaysa:

I'm confused? Is this spam?

Yep! It sure is. Yo, Mr. Moderator, a little help here, please. Kindly rid us of this bum. Thanks.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course Bill Clinton had the best smoking style.??
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    And what style would that be?
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    howtobass:
    Rhamlin:
    You had to ask......
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    howtobass:
    Rhamlin:
    You had to ask......
    LOL