Home General Discussion
Options

AJ's Fresh Rolled

I received my mazo of Fresh Rolled Robustos Thursday. I have attempted to smoke 4 of them. Out of these I have managed to smoke one. The other three suffered split wrappers either before they were removed from the cello or when I tried to use a punch.

I have found that the wrapper is as thin as rice paper and would probably split if you looked sternly at them. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

Has any other BOTL experienced this with the Fresh Rolled or am I just lucky?

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That would pisss off the pope ! Never had that happen with any cigar I have smoked. Is it common for Fresh Rolled to be in cello ? I don't know what can be done to remedy this situation.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only 2 ive had so far were the torpedos and no problems at all
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I had a similar problem with some ccom tat blacks...wrapper nightmares and I kept coming back to the conclusion, the wrapper must be extremely delicate on them or at least the ones I got...the only cure was 6 months aging, now they are fine but I had to wait that long for the wrapper to be able to be handled/smoked...
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoked my first tonight.....wrapper decent at best with cut----busted all to he!! about 15 mins into stick. That all said, not a terrible stick for the price....one of the best for the buck I would say.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some wrapper issues with some of the ccom blends myself but when I told Tina about it she replaced them promptly with my fave of the blends.
  • Options
    NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    smoked 3/5 i have in the corona size, and all have been great. perfect draw, burn, and great construction. wrapper may be considered thin, but not as thin as most conn. wrappers. not as thick as say a mow habano. great flavors. maybe its a humidity issue??
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Diamondog:
    I had a similar problem with some ccom tat blacks
    Always wondered about these. I got one from the Christmas deal, and around the same time bought a full bundle of 20 black torps in cello from another source (one that has a very close relationship, and access to a lot of exclusive tat stuff...), and the bundled sticks had wrappers that look and feel exactly like those on the black torp tubos (and frankly, the wrappers on all of the other Tat black releases I've had, Corona Gorda, Robo 3 packs, robo/pr/cg event pack sticks, etc.) while the black torp from the CCom sampler had what looked, and felt (and when smoked even burned) like a completely different leaf. Much thinner, and lighter in color, with none of the tooth, or roughness that Tat Blacks normally have.

Maybe something else had to be used for the large number that CCom got their hands on?
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Well I have given up on these sticks. Two more split wrappers and one plugged tighter than a nats ass. The remainder I have pitched in the mistake humidor.

Oh well back to my Diesel's and San Lotano's.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    That sucks, should have held onto them, I'm sure somebody would have traded a few sticks for them. As long as the wrappers aren't broken already, I would have taken some off your hands for a few sticks trade.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Call it in to customer service. No doubt in my mind they will compensate you.
  • Options
    I sent customer service an e-mail detailing my problems.  I told them I consider myself just as much to blame as you get what you pay for and when you buy a $2.00 cigar it's a crap shoot.

I have decided not to purchase anymore cut rate cigars. I will continue to purchase my sticks from CCom as I like their reps and their customer service and in fact ordered a box of Diesel Unlimited this morning.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Sorry to hear about your experiences. I've had a couple of these and haven't yet had a construction issue. Curious to hear how ccom helps you out on this one. Keep us updated.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Don't write off value-priced cigars in general. Sometimes the saying you get what you pay for is true, sometimes not. Just remember, those Diesel Unlimiteds & Unholy Cocktails are only 3 bucks a stick, thats cut rate pricing in my opinion & they are fantastic.
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

Just got an e-mail reply from Tina. She advised she was sending me another mazo of Fresh Rolled to replace the duds. That kind of Customer Service you just don't find anymore. I know that you can get a dud sometimes with any product as no one is perfect.

I told her thanks and that I would give them another chance and accepted her offer to be my account rep. Now I have to find room in my humidors with 40 sticks en route.

I now know about the great service from CCom that you all speak so highly about. CCom will have a customer for life.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Duke2:
    Hi Guys,

Just got an e-mail reply from Tina. She advised she was sending me another mazo of Fresh Rolled to replace the duds. That kind of Customer Service you just don't find anymore. I know that you can get a dud sometimes with any product as no one is perfect.

I told her thanks and that I would give them another chance and accepted her offer to be my account rep. Now I have to find room in my humidors with 40 sticks en route.

I now know about the great service from CCom that you all speak so highly about. CCom will have a customer for life.
    This is why I love CCOM. Best Customer service ever!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Duke2:
    Hi Guys,

Great to hear! Not only because you got great service and were able to tell about, but because that means you'll be sticking around a while. Welcome to the madness...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Duke.. I've been here long enough to know that was what was going to happen.. I have ordered here many many time and never had a problem with a single stick. I will continue to make all my purchases here for these reasons.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    which vitolas did you have ? i have no problems with any of my torps. so far > last night, imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Excellent. Glad you were able to get that taken care of and, at the same time, get a glimpse of just how awesome customer service around here is.
  • Options
    My Fresh Rolled were the Robusto size. I just got my order of a box of Diesel Unlimited and just got an e-mail from Tina stating the replacement Freshed Rolled are en route. I have smoked cigars off and on for 30 years and have never gotten customer service this good before.

CCom has a customer for as long as I am on the sunny side of the grass.