Home Cigar 101
Options

Toast Across America 2008 Box

amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
Last couple times I stopped into this B&M I've noticed they have some of these TAA Boxes from '08 for sale. They're selling for the $50 MSRP. Don't have alot of experience with Opus or Diamond Crown. Would it be worth picking up a couple ? Hoping maybe the Opus guys can shed some light. Just thought it was kind of odd they still have them.

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    These are more collector's items than they are cigars you are actually going to smoke, at least for me. I guess if you picked up a couple of each, you could smoke some now, and some in a few years... I personally feel that both the DCM and Opus are cigars that benefit vastly from a few year's age, so that 2007 coffin is probably awesome...
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Thanks doc, next time I'm in there I think I'll pick up a couple and stash them away. Tried to do some research on 'em but I couldn't find much. Just wanted to check to see if anyone knew of any issues with these I might have missed.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    $50 is a pretty good price too.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I didn't get the 08 box, but I've got two from both 09 and 10. I may get this years but it all depends on the size of the stick and price. usually 50 or so for them.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    This year was an opus and Julius Caesar that everyone I know has LOVED, though they said it's mild. Tons of flavor on it according to quite a few guys who are normally full-bodied smokers. The shop Rasch and I go to has a few from this year left. I think they're $50.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    thanks Rob, I'll look into it.
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    Pm to you

I have this years they a figirado size and the Julius is an amazing smoke mild but full flavor