Home General Discussion

Cigar Journal Magazine

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
So I just watched Josh's new ccom video on Cigar Journal magazine. I have been looking for a replacement for Cigar Magazine with a magazine actually about cigars. I have to say I am very interested in CJ. I subscribed to it this morning after watching the video and can't wait for my first issue. Didn't know it when i subscribed, but i also get a free xikar cutter for subscribing! For those of you who decide to watch the video, watch the whole thing, nice surprise at the end of the video.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Nice to see a magazine out there that actually has some cigar info in it. Anyone know if its monthly, quaterly or what? If its monthly the price is pretty good for a subscription.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have a few issues of ECCJ, and it is definitely a great magazine.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I just signed up, it seems to actually be interested in cigars and not lifestyles.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I really hope it is on pace with Cigar Magazine, God rest their soul
  • I got the surprise at the end, looks tasty, 4 of them I haven't tried yet.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive been reading cigar press. but i think i will have to sign up there.

BTW,
    when i went to Nicaragua, i went there with Colin Ganley. hes a good guy.
    one of my favorite moments from him was when we were in the Oliva Factory and for answering some random trivia question he got a La Flor de Oliva Gigante. thats one heck of a big cigar.

thats two lighters lighting that thing right in the middle of the factory. this seems to be their Bale storage room.
    after about 2 hours he was almost half done with that cigar.

not only does he know his stuff about cigars, but he is also very knowledgeable about Spirits and wine.
    he ran a Rum tasting while we were down there comparing the different Flor de Cana ages.
  • i like the cj the local bookstore has it. typing one handed right now as i bounce the baby. hence no caps.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I'm signed up, It will help open up my exposure I hope.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Anyone have a link to this video they'd be able to share? Not seeing it in ccom's media page.
  • I saw it because I +Like cigar.com on facebook so it came across my newsfeed.
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    The link is in the newsletter.
    Sweet. Thanks. Here's the link for anyone else interested: link
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    It's funny because in my CCOM delivery yesterday there was an order form and they are giving away a Diesel Shorty if you sign up through CCOM.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    Tried the link and says it is a private video. I don't have the newsletter so is there another way to see this video?

• NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    How much was a subscription?
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    I think I heard that Bob McDuffee from the Dog Watch Cigar Radio podcast is starting to work for/write for Cigar Journal.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    NightHawk:
    $30 and u get a free xikar cutter.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    This looks like a good mag. I'm hitting up a sub on Friday along with ccom special mentioned at the end of the video. I can't pas up the special.

Rob
    MTuccelli:
    JudoChinX:
    Tried the link and says it is a private video. I don't have the newsletter so is there another way to see this video?

Odd. It did link to a YouTube video, but they've since changed it. Link has been updated: link
    Krieg:
    NightHawk:
    $30 and u get a free xikar cutter.
    Is that for a paper mag or online mag?
    JudoChinX:
    MTuccelli:
    JudoChinX:

Odd. It did link to a YouTube video, but they've since changed it. Link has been updated: link
    Thanks brother

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    paper

"Long ashes my friends."