Home Non Cigar Related
Options

RIP Dan Wheldon

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
Wow Dan Wheldon was just killed in an accident at Las Vegas Speedway. That really sucks. Thoughts and prayers for his family. RIP Dan and thanks for all the great years of racing......

Comments

• Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    This really sucks. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the entire Indy Car family.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I just saw that... Really sad. I watched the Indy race this year and became a fan of his. As safe as they try to make racing, 33 cars going 200 mile an hour sets up a bad situation.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    That was an absolute shame to lose a great driver and guy at such a young age. Thoughts and prayers to his family...
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers out to the families as well....been at work and just found out when I was watchin sports center eating lunch...such a tradgedy....
  • Options
    Very sad indeed! season ending race and that happens.. rough stuff. just watched him 2 weeks ago at the ky speedway. never wouldve thought two weeks later would be like this. prayers out to the family
  • Options
    acsamples79:
    Very sad indeed! season ending race and that happens.. rough stuff. just watched him 2 weeks ago at the ky speedway. never wouldve thought two weeks later would be like this. prayers out to the family
    You go to Sparta to the races much....? I've been goin for the last several years, but had to miss this one....
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    acsamples79:
    You go to Sparta to the races much....? I've been goin for the last several years, but had to miss this one....
    yeah i try to make them all for about the last 5 or so years.. made em all this year.......except the joke of a sprint cup race.. central ky area at about 12pm sat in traffic until 20 laps to go in the race. then got redirected to I-71 without even a chance to get on the property... OTHERWISE i made it to them all
  • Options
    acsamples79:
    CvilleE:
    acsamples79:
    yeah i try to make them all for about the last 5 or so years.. made em all this year.......except the joke of a sprint cup race.. central ky area at about 12pm sat in traffic until 20 laps to go in the race. then got redirected to I-71 without even a chance to get on the property... OTHERWISE i made it to them all
    Hate to hear u was stuck in traffic with 75,000 other as well....I had tickets offered, but couldn't make it work...turns out it was for the best...I would have to say though when I go to a sprint race I'm there a couple of days ahead....where bout r u located? I live in the central ky area...Taylor...
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    skweekz:
    That was an absolute shame to lose a great driver and guy at such a young age. Thoughts and prayers to his family...
    +1. Sad, sad thing. The brightest flames unfortunately tend to burn the quickest. RIP to Dan Wheldon, and prayers to those he left behind.

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    As incredibly safe as those machines are you can never take the danger out of travelling that fast. It is sad indeed to lose a driver in a crash. Racing leagues are a very close knit group and it will impact all of them heavily
  • Options
    "CvilleE: Hate to hear u was stuck in traffic with 75,000 other as well....I had tickets offered, but couldn't make it work...turns out it was for the best...I would have to say though when I go to a sprint race I'm there a couple of days ahead....where bout r u located? I live in the central ky area...Taylor..." .....Im currently in the Northern Ky/Cincinnati area... but im from Lawrenceburg and visit frequently
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836