Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Michael Steele

I like many of my fellow Conservatives have felt that the party has abandoned us. We are tired of the same old “bi-partisan” with the Democrats, and we all know what that means…”bending over, and grabbing our ankles”...But now we have the opportunity for real change within our party. I congratulate and welcome Mr. Michael Steele as the Chairman. Just the notion of him taking the rains is almost good enough for me to rejoin my fellow conservatives, my fellow republicans and stand up to the fight we have ahead. With your leadership Mr. Steele, I pledge to do more, act stronger and fight for the very institution in which we believe. I now have a reason, a unified reason to pledge again to the Republican Party…a party that stands for individual freedoms, choices and the pursuit of happiness. We need and must convince our leadership in Congress and the Senate that they must stand with us and fight. And if they don’t, then we must elect those who will. We need warriors now more than ever! We need fighters! We need Americans who are unwilling to bow down to their Democrat peers. We need to stop whispering or hiding when it comes to issues like immigration, abortion, climate change and personal liberalities. WE MUST SHOUT OUR OPINIONS ABOUT GOVERNMENT SPENDING! We need to once again equate the Republican Party with Conservatism….not bi-partisanship BS! We need to get MAD! We need to get REAL MAD! We need to hold the Democrat and the Media Accountable! We need to take ACTION! Action through communication, through technology…through the telling of the simple truth to our friend and families! We need to spread our conservative values to everyone we know. Mr. Chairman, if you build it…we will follow. Sincerely, Cheyenne J. Olinde

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Amen! I'm with ya Chey! It's time for true conservatives to take the stage and fight for office instead of the McCains of the party. I want to see someone who understands what conservatism is and knows how the principles of smaller government and more personal choice and freedom can improve our country and strengthen our economy!
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Ditto to both Puro and Chey.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

PuroFreak:
    Amen! I'm with ya Chey! It's time for true conservatives to take the stage and fight for office instead of the McCains of the party. I want to see someone who understands what conservatism is and knows how the principles of smaller government and more personal choice and freedom can improve our country and strengthen our economy!

is that seat taken? i'm on board

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I am certainly not a Republican in most of my views, and I know nothing at all about Mr. Steele. However, by what I've seen and your reactions here, it seems the party is ready to make some big changes. I hope it is for the better, and that their opponents see this change as an avenue for genuine compromise. As I've said before, our objectives are all the same, even if our priorities are somewhat different.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    .... plus his name is bad assed.

i am not a Republican or a conservative either. but i have some things that I agree with the party. I wanna have an argument where i agree with duty some day.... itll happen when the right subject comes up.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Don't know enough about the Man of Steele to comment on him, but I am a Republican...and am really disgusted by the direction our party has taken over the last decade or so and you're right, things must change. The expansion of government has been terrible, sure. But even more so I'm ready to vomit over our increasing association with the "Christian Right." Screw them and all their influence. I would wear disapproval from Jerry Falwell like a BADGE OF HONOR. Things like the whole Terry Schivao debacle can never happen again.