Home General Discussion
Options

Liga No. 9s for $22?

Just saw Liga 9s on sale for $22 at the devil site. They are good but are they THAT good?

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not in my opinion... and trust me I'm pretty much in love with em'. If you are looking for the 9's for far cheaper send me a PM. -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    They are on like $12 a stick. Maybe $15 at B&M. They are good, but I love the T52 far more.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Was that a 5er for 22$? If not, then no... way over priced, like a lot of stuff ends up being there. People see stuff that isn't often in stock on CCom, and pay way more than they should... if they would just go to their B&M, they would know what that stuff actually costs, so stuff wouldn't end up getting bid way over MSRP (like some of the Opus and Anejo singles go for like double MSRP...)
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I recently discovered a well stocked B&M in my not so immediate area. I've been meaning to stop on by to see if I'd be able to find any of the normally impossible to find sticks.
  • Options
    No IMHO. I paid $15 for a Belicoso that i am smoking as i write this. It's the second Liga Privada #9 i have had, and i am coming to the conclusion that they are just not for me.

There are so many other amazing sticks out there at a fraction of the price, that it seems as if it's inappropriately priced alongside some proven heavyweights that have more universal appeal.

It's a pleasant cigar that is clearly well made and that has some nice flavors. If it were $7-$9 i could see why it might even be in some smoker's regular rotation (even though it's not up my alley), but at it's current pricepoint, i just don't see it.

It is certainly worth trying once to see for yoyrself. That's what's fun about the process for me.
  • Options
    Stymie1970:
    No IMHO. I paid $15 for a Belicoso that i am smoking as i write this. It's the second Liga Privada #9 i have had, and i am coming to the conclusion that they are just not for me. There are so many other amazing sticks out there at a fraction of the price, that it seems as if it's inappropriately priced alongside some proven heavyweights that have more universal appeal. It's a pleasant cigar that is clearly well made and that has some nice flavors. If it were $7-$9 i could see why it might even be in some smoker's regular rotation (even though it's not up my alley), but at it's current pricepoint, i just don't see it. It is certainly worth trying once to see for yoyrself. That's what's fun about the process for me.

You overpaid. 10-12 dollars tops...
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Wow, thats crazy pricing for ONE cigar!

These are the prices I've paid for the LP9s

Robusto-$9-10
    Toro-$10.50-12
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the No.9 is a good smoke. it is worth the MSRP, but not more in my opinion.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Stymie1970:
    No IMHO. I paid $15 for a Belicoso that i am smoking as i write this. It's the second Liga Privada #9 i have had, and i am coming to the conclusion that they are just not for me. There are so many other amazing sticks out there at a fraction of the price, that it seems as if it's inappropriately priced alongside some proven heavyweights that have more universal appeal. It's a pleasant cigar that is clearly well made and that has some nice flavors. If it were $7-$9 i could see why it might even be in some smoker's regular rotation (even though it's not up my alley), but at it's current pricepoint, i just don't see it. It is certainly worth trying once to see for yoyrself. That's what's fun about the process for me.
    I think the Undercrown fills this void.

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Stymie1970:
    I think the Undercrown fills this void.

and they are about 39.00 per 5 for the gran toro
  • Options
    2 Things

First, thanks for the tip on the undercrowns. Coincidentally, I picked one up last night, just hours before this thread got started. Looking forward to trying it.

Second, The reason I overpaid the LP #9 is because of the Cigar Tax in New York, which I believe is something like 90% of wholesale. That will turn a $10 stick into a $15 stick in a hurry. While I order most of my smokes online now, I still like to try and help support NY's struggling cigar shops when possible. That extra $5 is going straight to the state though.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Stymie, Well said about supporting your B&Ms. I order online a bit and do trades on here but always try to pick up some product from the local shops around here also for the same reason.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that seems expensive...

My B&M has them in ready supply and they range in price per size from 10-13 a stick
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    They are difficult to find in some areas ( mine ) but more than ten is where I would start to re-think how much I really want them.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    They are difficult to find in some areas ( mine ) but more than ten is where I would start to re-think how much I really want them.

I have to agree with this. I spent $12 myself a few weeks back for one. If they would have been higher I would have passed. It's a great stick, but there are better one's out there for $22. Or, you could get a few mid priced, great cigars for $22. Just my 2 cents though.

Rob
  • Options
    If anyone needs a lead on these for good prices from B&Ms worth supporting, PM me... I know a few.