Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A Day at the Pumpkin Patch

ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
My wife, son and I went to the pumpkin patch today for his first time (22 months old). Damn spending time with the family is awesome.
The only thing missing was a good cigar, but the farm is non-smoking :(.
I thought I would share my son's excitement and enjoyment with what I feel has become my extended family.

Riding in the wheelbarrow
Picking the perfect pumpkin
Feeding a goat
Posing as a scarecrow
Getting dragged away because it is time to leave but you had too much fun and want to stay.

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    My wife, son and I went to the pumpkin patch today for his first time (22 months old). Damn spending time with the family is awesome.
    The only thing missing was a good cigar, but the farm is non-smoking :(.
    I thought I would share my son's excitement and enjoyment with what I feel has become my extended family.

Riding in the wheelbarrow
    Picking the perfect pumpkin
    Feeding a goat
    Posing as a scarecrow
    Getting dragged away because it is time to leave but you had too much fun and want to stay.

Great pictures, Bro. Enjoy these times to the fullest. They're what makes life valuable and, oh, so enjoyable.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Good stuff man, thanks for sharing! Bit of advice, enjoy this while you can and DONT LET HIM BECOME A TEENAGER!!! LOL

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic pics John, looks like a great time and some truly special memories being made with your family! Enjoy them and never take it for granted brother! -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Double post, sorry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Those are great pictures and it's always good to see the face behind the name. Looks you you had a lot of fun. I miss those times a lot.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Oh man that is great! Just had my first (a girl) and am looking forward to days like this.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing brother, you reminded me of some great times I had with my kids when they were little
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pics bro, they are over too soon then they turn into teenagers.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Awesome pics and like everyone said, cherish these times. Mine are only 3 and 5 yrs, but I blinked my eyes and they were out of diapers and running off to school. Even when I'm at my busiest I always try to remind myself of this and live in the present and enjoy their company every chance I get.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a great time..Thanks for sharing the fun.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Thats the way to do it John. Really cool, brother, thanks for sharing. We took our patrick to a pumpkin farm out in Halfmoon bay and had a similar experience trying to leave. hahaha
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing man. I have a son who just turned 2. It seems at this age they are starting to get into their own and it is alot of fun to take him out places (for the most part). Enjoy your time with him!

Rob
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killer boots he has on bro! Looks like you all had a great time!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Thanks guys, he makes everyday fun and a blessing, and yeah those are his frog boots that grandma got him for mud-stomping.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Bobbo2009:
    Thanks for sharing man. I have a son who just turned 2. It seems at this age they are starting to get into their own and it is alot of fun to take him out places (for the most part). Enjoy your time with him!

Rob
    +1. "Terrible Two's" my azz - that was the age when mine were the most fun I think! They start to communicate their thoughts really well, so its like you get to see the whole world brand new again, only thru their eyes. Good stuff. :-)