Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

5 vegas relic/DD Split

So I am looking at getting the Preferidos/Relic DD today, but I'm not a fan of the relic, I really just want the Preferidos... anyone interested in a split or want to trade something for the relics?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i clicked with the hopes that you were not interested in the preferidos...

i knew it was a long shot
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i clicked with the hopes that you were not interested in the preferidos...

i knew it was a long shot
    That woulda been sweet ay Kuzi?? I would have jumped all over that too! lol
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never tried the relic, but I'm a decent 5 Vegas fan. Love the Cask Strenth are these at all similar??
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    90+ Irishman:
    I have never tried the relic, but I'm a decent 5 Vegas fan. Love the Cask Strenth are these at all similar??
    Not close imo.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    90+ Irishman:
    Not close imo.
    I bought a 10 pk and traded 8 away. They were ok just not my type of cigar.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
    i still feel they need a ton of age to get to where i want them to be. they need to mellow. they need to marry. i feel they will balance out once they get 5-10 years on them.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    kuzi16:
    i still feel they need a ton of age to get to where i want them to be. they need to mellow. they need to marry. i feel they will balance out once they get 5-10 years on them.
    which stick are you talking about? I just had my first Preferidos Maduro today and really enjoyed it... no idea how much time it had on it... I've only had it for about a month, but I got it from a forum member so it could have had more time...
    robbyras:
    kuzi16:
    which stick are you talking about? I just had my first Preferidos Maduro today and really enjoyed it... no idea how much time it had on it... I've only had it for about a month, but I got it from a forum member so it could have had more time...
    the relic. that needs time.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    kuzi16:
    robbyras:
    kuzi16:
    copy that...

this thread, as far as the trading of the relics, is closed btw
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    robbyras:
    kuzi16:
    Man are they that harsh? I couldn't imagine having sticks that needed that much time. But I've heard a lot of people say the same about the opus x.
    Rhamlin:
    kuzi16:
    robbyras:
    kuzi16:
    Man are they that harsh? I couldn't imagine having sticks that needed that much time. But I've heard a lot of people say the same about the opus x.
    i feel the same about OpusX. OpusX just mellow out a bit and some of the spice that im not as in to goes away. this isnt to say that they are harsh because they arent, but there are other flavors in the OpusX that get overpowered by the spice. the age tones it down and lets the subtle nuances show through.

the relic is a different reason. I dont think they are harsh. i just feel they are out of balance a bit and they have a few burn issues because the wrapper on them is so oily. a good amount of age will take care of the oily wrapper issues and hence the burn issues. With any luck the cigar will balance out as it ages as well.