Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Thanksgiving Dinner On Us

MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
This year so far has been good to my family and I. Our business has been doing real good and we thank God for keeping His promise to us. With that said my daughter knows how important it is to help others and how important it is to teach her children the same things she learned while growing up.

So this year she wants on behalf of our business to help a family have a Thanksgiving Dinner that otherwise might not be able to, due to a lay off or Military TDY, Hurricane, Tornados ect. She loves the forum and lurks around quite a bit and considers you all her extended family.

So she would like anyone here that knows someone that won't be able to have a Thanksgiving Dinner or it can be someone here on the forum too that needs the help and our company will provide the means for you or them to have a Thanksgiving dinner.

It would help if the recipient has a Walmart Super Store near by where they can shop because Angie will mail them a Walmart Gift Card or if there isn't a Walmart Super Store near by then she will send a money order. So PM me with your nominations and what grocery stores are near by or in the area and from there Angie will pick someone to recieve the Gift Card or Money order. Cut off for this is 10 Nov. 2011 so we have enough time using the Postal Service.

Comments

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    You're a helluva guy Mr Tuccelli. Just wanted to add that.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    This is real kind of you. It sounds like one family will have a happy Thanksgiving due to your kindness. Just plan awesome man. (I don't know of anyone off hand. Just wanted to say thanks for doing this).

Rob
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Super, super cool gesture man! Thanksgiving was pretty much just family for me growing up, but as I got older, extending invitations to those close to us who didn't really have plans because their families were far away or whatever gave it a whole new meaning.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Mike you are one generous man. Def a BORK we can all learn from and look up to.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful idea, thanks to you & wife just for thinking of it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Top shelf! Mike you're a good guy! Can't say it enough.
  • Options
    Family at the end of my street. 3 young kids and the mother has been fighting cancer for a few years. She was in recovery, but about 6 months ago they found a lot more. The dad had to cut back at work to care for his wife and kids. I saw her for the first time in months sitting outside with the kids playing in the yard. She look terrible. I could tell from how she was talking to us that she was thinking this might be the last Christmas with her family. If they "win" I can send you their addy.
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    Beautiful idea, thanks to you & wife just for thinking of it.
    Ah bro small correction, that was my daughter not wife lol. Sad to say both ex's would never think of sharing like this

• Options
    rossdavey2:
    Family at the end of my street. 3 young kids and the mother has been fighting cancer for a few years. She was in recovery, but about 6 months ago they found a lot more. The dad had to cut back at work to care for his wife and kids. I saw her for the first time in months sitting outside with the kids playing in the yard. She look terrible. I could tell from how she was talking to us that she was thinking this might be the last Christmas with her family. If they "win" I can send you their addy.
    Thanks for your nomination Ross you have a kind heart brother. Guys if you know anybody you can post it here or PM me with the info if you would rather do it that way.

• Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Go get em MT! Bravo Sir!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Hey Brother God Bless you and your family, this is an awesome idea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    ShotgunJohn:
    Hey Brother God Bless you and your family, this is an awesome idea.
    +1 what a great thing to do for others. Truly a scholar and gentleman/family.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Awsome gesture man !
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    That kind of kindness is rewarded! Tell the daughter I said "Well done"
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother you and your daughters are truly a blessing .
  • Options
    Last chance to nominate a family in need of a Thanksgiving dinner. We decided to offer two dinners. The family Ross nominated will get a turkey day dinner and we would like to find one more family that could use one. There is much love on this site and it shows everyday. I am thankful to be a part of it.

The cut off is a few days away so if you know someone PM me. All PM's are confidential
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    How the heck am I just noticing this thread?
    Simply Amazing the blessings you share.

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an amazing gesture and you raised your daughter well. I hope if a brother here is in need that they wouldn't be too embarrassed to say so. It is hard to say hey I need help but we have all had struggles. I would love to see a brother here be blessed by this offer.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    What an amazing gesture and you raised your daughter well. I hope if a brother here is in need that they wouldn't be too embarrassed to say so. It is hard to say hey I need help but we have all had struggles. I would love to see a brother here be blessed by this offer.
    So would we