Home General Discussion
Options

Think my new humi is about ready.

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
It only took a week to get it up to 70rh, think I'll give it a few days yet to be on the safe side before I put any sticks in. Guess I better get my butt in gear and get some proper humidifiers in there.

Comments

• Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Exciting! Hope you have a lot of sticks to put in there. If you need an excuse to pick up more sticks, just remember that the more sticks, the more stable the RH. :)
  • Options
    JudoChinX:
    Exciting! Hope you have a lot of sticks to put in there. If you need an excuse to pick up more sticks, just remember that the more sticks, the more stable the RH. :)
    Unfortunately no. Maybe enough to be about 1/4 full. Reckon I should wait till I am able to get more sticks?
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Pic's?
  • Options
    cooch36:
    Pic's?
    imageimageimageimage And one of Betty.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Rhamlin:
    JudoChinX:
    Unfortunately no. Maybe enough to be about 1/4 full. Reckon I should wait till I am able to get more sticks?
    What you're in need of is a compromise. Instead of waiting for more sticks, or filling it while you'd still be leaving quite a bit of space, fill it now with more sticks! Time for a big order my friend. Hehe. It's a fun thought, even if it might not be feasible at the moment.

Either way, pics please!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome setup really! And you gotta love little Miss Be-Boop :) Slick combination though honestly, and looks like a really great time filling it too :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    ha, love the sretup man, really cool, especially the betty boop with the cigar jar.

So, yes gettin more cigars is fun, when you say "Guess I better get my butt in gear and get some proper humidifiers in there" do you have beads and a digital hygro? If no, get those first, its a wise invesment, and why not get it out of the way first before putting any cigars in there.

just my .02
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    great pics bro.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Wow the new humi looks great, I can't wait to see it filled. Betty Boop as a cigar hop is awesome. Congrats brother enjoy the new humi.
  • Options
    Yeah , unfortunately it's gonna have to wait about a month till I can really work on filling it up. After buying the humi and my daughters homecoming there's just no money for cigars. But that's the breaks I'll just take me a few with me to the boat for weekends. And my next purchase will probably be the bottomless cup. That should fill her up over halfway. ??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Looks fantastic. Congrats on your new humidor.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks awesome. I've never had a glass top. I'd love to get a table deal like that some day. Humidor/furniture is just way too cool.

when we get a chance to smoke I'll give you a couple to fill the void!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Well I couldn't wait any more I had to see how it looked with sticks. Wish I had counted them first.imageimage
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Rhamlin:
    Well I couldn't wait any more I had to see how it looked with sticks. Wish I had counted them first.imageimage

Hmm looks pretty full already! How many is it supposed to hold....150?
  • Options
    Supposed to hold 300 but I'm guessing that means Robusto size.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Supposed to hold 300 but I'm guessing that means Robusto size.
    Nice humi. Traditionally the count size was based on corona but recently some places are being more realistic with their hold count. I'm not sure how it's based now.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    nice humi. whats up with the analog hygrometer?
  • Options
    415:
    nice humi. whats up with the analog hygrometer?
    I was just checking to see if it was accurate. It's right on. But I've no need of it but I'll keep it for a rainy day. What does strike me as wierd is the picture I took with the humi closed is upside down, can't figure that one out.