Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

quick contest...

Just want to post a quick contest and send 5 or so sticks to the first person who can come up with the same answer that I came up...hopefully my answer is right!

I was helping my 5th grader with math homework tonight and this one had me thinking..i was able to break it down for her and I think she got it..just wanna test you all as well.

Galinda guzzled 1/17 (one seventeenth) of the guava juice in Gulliver's glass. Drew drank 6 times the amount that Galinda did. Dory downed half as much as Drew. Grover spilled the rest. How much juice did Grover spill? First one with the same answer that I came up with wins.

Good luck.

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Just want to post a quick contest and send 5 or so sticks to the first person who can come up with the same answer that I came up...hopefully my answer is right!

I was helping my 5th grader with math homework tonight and this one had me thinking..i was able to break it down for her and I think she got it..just wanna test you all as well.

Galinda guzzled 1/17 (one seventeenth) of the guava juice in Gulliver's glass. Drew drank 6 times the amount that Galinda did. Dory downed half as much as Drew. Grover spilled the rest. How much juice did Grover spill? First one with the same answer that I came up with wins.

Good luck.
    7/17

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    7/17?
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    smoke em if you got em:

Good luck.
    7/17
    That was fast. I think the thing that was throwing her off was the 6 times part. She got the 6 but didnt add the part that Galinda had already drank!! Thanks for the reply. I will get your sticks out tomorrow.
  • Options
    You got it bro. But Dwayne chimed in first..this contest was really just to double check myself before the kid went to school tomorrow..lol thanks guys.
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    dbeckom:
    smoke em if you got em:

Good luck.
    7/17
    That was fast. I think the thing that was throwing her off was the 6 times part. She got the 6 but didnt add the part that Galinda had already drank!! Thanks for the reply. I will get your sticks out tomorrow.
    I've always loved math! Glad I could help bro. Thanks for the contest!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    """"""Just want to post a quick contest and send 5 or SO sticks """" we know how that goes, expect atleast 10 ,lmao, congrats dbeckom!
  • Options
    jj20030:
    """"""Just want to post a quick contest and send 5 or SO sticks """" we know how that goes, expect atleast 10 ,lmao, congrats dbeckom!
    U know it!!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    Its a little known fact that Gulliver was a raging alchoholic so its understandable why None of them could figure this out amongst themselves and the rest of his "juice" was spilled..
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    jj20030:
    U know it!!
    That's fine with me. After sending out troop cigars, mooch, and a bunch of bombs, my humi lookin a lil bare! :( Bout time to email The Beard! :)

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    x=5

What do I get?

I kid, I kid.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    x=5

What do I get?

I kid, I kid.
    What is the Theorum used to find the answer to x?
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pythagorean theorem... ie: a^2 + b^2 = c^2
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    you got it.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Lakota72:
    Russ55:
    x=5

What do I get?

I kid, I kid.
    What is the Theorum used to find the answer to x?
    This forum should let you delete your own posts
  • Options
    Earlier this week I got my winnings package from smoke em...some of my favorite go-to's! Thanks Bro!

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Just checked this out. Way to stay sharp and have fun with fellow BOTL's.

• Options
    dbeckom:
    Earlier this week I got my winnings package from smoke em...some of my favorite go-to's! Thanks Bro!

No problem.
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    zeebra:
    x is referred to as what in that picture?
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kevin1323:
    zeebra:
    x is referred to as what in that picture?
    X would be the hypotenuse in this example...
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    that is correct ~ chris farley