Home General Discussion
Options

Heading away on an airplane...

to Orlando. I'm terrified of flying, but I'm sure I'll have a good time whilst gone. Anyways, I may be less responsive on the forums than usual for the next week or so, but I'll do what I can to stay up on things and maybe even post a few pics of the good times being had.

Comments

• Options
    are you hitting up Corona Cigar Company while you are there? If you have any free time, its a must see!
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    ThinBluLine06:
    are you hitting up Corona Cigar Company while you are there? If you have any free time, its a must see!
    +1. Was just there in the middle of September. The one downtown near an Urban Flats restaurant is the best one. Almost picked up some Lost Citys there =(. I should have dangit!
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I actually like flying... I've never done it of a living, but I can see myself traveling for work and somewhat enjoying it, but then, I don't have a family yet.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    ThinBluLine06:
    +1 I went to the downtown one by Amway Arena. very nice place to kick it with a great selection.

the last time I was there

imageimage

the locked glass front humidor under the Corona Cigar sign has the Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversarios and Padron 45's as well as pre-embargo Cubans.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity can you fly with your can of butane and butane lighter, or where do you have to put it?
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know Judo is a youngster. When I read the title I immediately starter singing...

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    bigmatt72:
    Just out of curiosity can you fly with your can of butane and butane lighter, or where do you have to put it?
    Technically TSA reg's say no butane, anywhere, carry-on or checked bags. You might get away with it in either, and if you get caught you just have it taken, I believe, no punishment beyond that. So if you've got one you don't care much about...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate flying I always try to sleep or pass out. That said after having my lighter taken away I only travel with a bic.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Sadly, I had to rely on the in-laws for rides since I'm too young to rent a car, but I did make it to Cigarz on CityWalk which wasn't bad considering it was basically attached to Universal Studios. I picked up an Arturo Fuente Short Story and many drinks. I really enjoyed it.

As far as butane on a plane goes, that seems to be disallowed, so I left mine home and picked up a cheap bic when I got to Florida.
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    You know Judo is a youngster. When I read the title I immediately starter singing...

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

Miss that man. Freakin John Denver.
  • Options
    JudoChinX:
    Sadly, I had to rely on the in-laws for rides since I'm too young to rent a car, but I did make it to Cigarz on CityWalk which wasn't bad considering it was basically attached to Universal Studios. I picked up an Arturo Fuente Short Story and many drinks. I really enjoyed it.

As far as butane on a plane goes, that seems to be disallowed, so I left mine home and picked up a cheap bic when I got to Florida.
    I walked by there because I knew I was going to Corona the next day. How was it? We walked by and took pics of the huge Opus X lol.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    JSaint:
    JudoChinX:

I walked by there because I knew I was going to Corona the next day. How was it? We walked by and took pics of the huge Opus X lol.
    It was surprisingly good. Not a bad selection, not bad prices, and drink prices were the best you could possibly find. Good service too. Considering it's basically apart of an amusement park, I was very impressed.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    JSaint:
    ThinBluLine06:
    +1. Was just there in the middle of September. The one downtown near an Urban Flats restaurant is the best one. Almost picked up some Lost Citys there =(. I should have dangit!
    I'll be taking the family to disney for a week starting 11/3. Can you provide the address for the one your referring to? I'd love to check it out!!
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    JSaint:
    JudoChinX:

It was surprisingly good. Not a bad selection, not bad prices, and drink prices were the best you could possibly find. Good service too. Considering it's basically apart of an amusement park, I was very impressed.
    Good to hear. I'm headed to UNiversal with the kiddies for Feb. Vacation and saw that iti is there. My wife already said, "Yes" :)
  • Options
    JZ:
    JSaint:
    ThinBluLine06:
    I'll be taking the family to disney for a week starting 11/3. Can you provide the address for the one your referring to? I'd love to check it out!!
    I can find it for you. Gimme a second.
  • Options
    JSaint:
    JZ:
    JSaint:
    ThinBluLine06:
    Found it. PM incoming JZ.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    JSaint:
    JSaint:
    JZ:
    JSaint:
    ThinBluLine06:
    Found it. PM incoming JZ.
    Thanks for the info!!