Home General Discussion

Ugghhh...

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Poker night tonight, and I'm planning on smoking this Graycliff Espresso Presidente that my fiance's father gave me with well over a year on it. So as luck would have it I end up having an allergy attack last night that keeps me up all night with congestion, I wake up my throat is sore as hell. All I want to do right now is sleep. If my head doesn't clear up, I'll probably save that Graycliff for another time and just smoke a SWAG instead.

Woe is me.

Comments

• wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Usually for me the less I smoke until my sinuses/throat are right, the quicker it happens.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    ya a night off sounds like the way to go
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Scotch to the rescue. That Graycliff Espresso was an awesome smoke.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Scotch cures all.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Dr. Johnny Walker is my favorite doctor too. (Actually it's Dr. Jack Daniels, but that's neither scotch nor rhymes with Dr.)
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    warm brandy with some honey and the wife being extra nice is a great cure if you ask me...
  • I'm going to have to try scotch too, I've been noticing all my full bodied cigars taste the same like the Diesel Unlimited ever since I had one, was thinking about not smoking a cigar or two tonight to rest my palate but instead I think I'll try scotch.
    ShotgunJohn:
    y2pascoe:
    Scotch cures all.
    Went with some Laphroaig 10 YR. Killer stuff.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I consider it a "topical antiseptic". An occasional splash on the back of the throat is a preventative measure.
    zoom6zoom:
    I consider it a "topical antiseptic". An occasional splash on the back of the throat is a preventative measure.
    Laphroaig?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I like scotch too.... I'm getting over a cold and had three fingers of Aberfeldy 12
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    ShotgunJohn:
    y2pascoe:
    Scotch cures all.
    Went with some Laphroaig 10 YR. Killer stuff.
    #1 to th cure all.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, from the title of your post I'd assumed you must have just smoked a SWAG. I've heard that of all the cures that aren't scientifically proven, whisky is the most often tried.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain