Home General Discussion

Ronson Jetlite

I've been looking for Ronson Jetlites since last year in Walmarts in several states (NJ, MD, DE, SC), but I have yet to see these any place. Are they still out there? I know Zippo bought them up, but I still see people hawking them on ebay for double the price of what they go for in the stores. Does anyone have a Walmart nearby that stocks these?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    They were at one close to me in N.C. several months ago ... I will check and see for ya . How many you interested in if they have them ?
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Thanks! Three should suffice.
    allsmokedup:

I should be able to take care of this for you inside of a week . Picked one up tonite and manager said he had a case coming he hoped by Saturday. PM me your addy and I'll get them out quick as I can .
    These are great little lighters and damn near indestructible to boot .
    Gene
  • just don't use the ronson fuel with it.
  • Hey man I have a bunch of these in my drawer. Got a special like 20 for $10 I will send you 3 if you PM your addy.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigmatt72:
    just don't use the ronson fuel with it.
    I use a Vector Hammer as my everyday lighter, but I have a Ronson that I keep in the car as a backup. It's about a year old and I only use Xikar fuel and I have never had an issue with it.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got one I use, pretty reliable. What's wrong with the romain fuel? I used it to fill it up seemed to work fine.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    I've got one I use, pretty reliable. What's wrong with the romain fuel? I used it to fill it up seemed to work fine.
    The higher quality fuels are more refined and cleaner burning, providing more reliable service.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Local "Fast-Fuel" station is selling them for $3.99, I bought two. I love it! Using the cheapest gas, got 4 months service without a flaw before losing my last one. Using Xikar in my Zippo, after 2 months I had to clean it daily, by 3 months wouldn't work AT ALL. $60.00 waste of money. I was going to send it back to Zippo, but the postage would cost me more than a Ronson. I hope Zippo is listening, don't screw up a good thing.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    ive used 2 for over about 2 years with only ronson fuel, and both have worked without a flaw!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    The Walgreens by my place sells them also. I use a Ronson almost every day. Service it with better fuel though. Xikar fuel, I think. Works great! I haven't even thought about a different lighter! Let me know if you need me to pick you up a couple.
    gmill880:
    allsmokedup:

I should be able to take care of this for you inside of a week . Picked one up tonite and manager said he had a case coming he hoped by Saturday. PM me your addy and I'll get them out quick as I can .
    These are great little lighters and damn near indestructible to boot .
    Gene

Soon as you pm me your addy brother I can put these out to ya . Maybe even with a test stick or two ; ) .
  • I must have had a bad can of ronson fuel because from the get go the flame would only be lit sporadically. I would have to turn the lighter upside down to get flame to come out. Then I filled a brand new lighter with ronson fuel and could not get it to light. Then I emptied out all that fuel and put in Xikar in both of my lighters and it lights everytime and stays lit as long as I hold down on it.
    You have a PM, gmill!
    Responded bro !
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read that the triple filtered fuel is supposed to be better for the life of the lighters. Mine gave me some fits the first time I tried filling it. But I read that if you tank the can and press it against the valve rapidly 6-8 times it helps purge the lighter of air. I tried it and it worked great no problems since.
    I use the vector triple filtered stuff. Never have had problems with my other lighters...
    PM to ya allsmokedup .