Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar of the month club?

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Is anyone a member of one of these? If so, do you think it is a pretty good deal, or do you get alot of sticks you don't smoke?

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Yeah, there are lots of members of the COTMC here.
    It is a great way to get exposed to some new sticks each month.
    There are usually a couple very nice sticks out of the five as well, rating from Premiums to everyday smokes, with a good mix.
    A good value overall.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I get the COTM here and have been pleased. Always a few stick I enjoy, sometime I dig all 5 I get. I don't know if it is worth the dough every month, but the discount on other things here makes it worth it, I mean the Padilla deal, I got three of them, a total of 9 sticks for 13.50 before shipping. Well worth the discount on top of the deals here at ccom.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Cool deal. I was debating getting in on it, just wanted to check and see what the general consensus was.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    bbc020:
    I get the COTM here and have been pleased. Always a few stick I enjoy, sometime I dig all 5 I get. I don't know if it is worth the dough every month, but the discount on other things here makes it worth it, I mean the Padilla deal, I got three of them, a total of 9 sticks for 13.50 before shipping. Well worth the discount on top of the deals here at ccom.
    When I ordered, the discount didn't show up. So, I paid full price but I'm cool with it. It's only a few dollars more and it was a great deal. I also got 3. However, did you notice that it says 1 per customer now?
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    rwheelwright:
    bbc020:
    When I ordered, the discount didn't show up. So, I paid full price but I'm cool with it. It's only a few dollars more and it was a great deal. I also got 3. However, did you notice that it says 1 per customer now?

about not getting the discount, I've done that before, but it was because I forgot to log in before placing the order.

As for as Ccom limiting the deal to 1 per customer, it's prolly a good idea, I thought about dropping 100 bucks and essentially getting three boxes of Padillas.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    bbc020:
    rwheelwright:
    bbc020:

about not getting the discount, I've done that before, but it was because I forgot to log in before placing the order.

As for as Ccom limiting the deal to 1 per customer, it's prolly a good idea, I thought about dropping 100 bucks and essentially getting three boxes of Padillas.
    I usually log in before I order but recently it has not been showing the discount prices. I usually just call now.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    bbc020:
    rwheelwright:
    bbc020:

I usually log in before I order but recently it has not been showing the discount prices. I usually just call now.
    When I was still a COTMC member I missed a discount one time I called and they refunded it to me. Customer service is what makes CCom my favorite online vendor.

IMO the COTMC was not worth it or me but only because I've developed to the point where I know my tastes. While I'm always willing to try new cigars, it wasn't worth it to me to get cigars I knew I wouldn't like or had already had.
    Well that and a few shipping snafus that frustrated me at the time I canceled. Ccom did take care of them but I had already cancelled by then.
  • Options
    Whatever you do, avoid Thompson.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Dude Love:
    Whatever you do, avoid Thompson.

Amen