Home General Discussion

What's been in your humi the longest?

Pretty simple really. What sticks have you been aging the longest? How are they doing? How has your impression changed from purchase to now?

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    2 Opus X - They'll probably die there. LOL
  • I've always wondered about that. When it comes to the really good ones, how do you decide when the time is right to smoke 'em? Is it about the age, the occasion, the company, or some strange alchemy of all these and more?
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    3 Rocky Patel lights with 3 years on them. They were my first B & M buy. Had 12 to start, gave a few away and have smoked one or two a year. They just keep getting better.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a few sticks from 06. I have a coffin box GoF, A Gurkha Legend, my last 06 OpusX (best year i have had so far) an Anejo or two, ERDM (ISOM) Choix Supreme from early 07 an ISOM san Cristobol from early 07

i have a few cigars that were made before that (mid 90s) but they didnt hit my humidor until after 07 or 08.
    i have quite a few cigars from 07 08 right on through to now.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Not positive but either some Partagas Series B and the GoF Carlito 2004 release in Coffins. Not sure about anything else. My oldest cigar is the Partagas 150s. However, I only got them in 2008 I think.
  • 3 MoW double coronas, been sittin since january 2010
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a Gurkha Legend Preferido with just coming up on 6 years on it... still part of the original ten from my HS graduation when Dad, Grampa and I lit up one each on that day. Going to put fire to it in the next 6 months or less and pretty excited to see what it has grown into ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I have a few Gurkha cognac infused tubos from early 2009...

EDIT: those aren't my oldest sticks, but they are the ones i have had the longest. I have some from 2006 that are I THINK the oldest.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still basically a noob the oldest sticks I got are about 6 mos old . A Decade, 2 Limitada 2010, 2 Cuba Libre one, 2 RP vintage 1990 and 3 Cohiba. There's a few sticks I've recieved from other BOTL's that are a couple months older but not sure what they are without looking.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I haven't had many sticks stay around much longer than 6months, but I have a few aged sticks I received in trades/exchanges. CCss: RyJ Churchill 1997, HdM Du Dauphin 2001, Trinidad 2006, SLR 2006, SLR 2007, Partagas Original Release 2005...NCs: Olivia V-Maduro 2008(thanks FTG), 2009, 2010(thanks FTG), Opus Xs from 2010, but no other NCs over 1.5years worth mentioning that I can recall
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I have a few ISOM San Christobal from 2001. They were a few years old when I got them and they are delicious! So smooth and yet powerful at the same time. A real joy to smoke. I also have about 5 Cohiba Reserva from 2002 (from a Cohiba humi of 30 cigars). Those have been great since I only opened that box a little over a year ago...I don't think they need any more ageing. I don't think I've purchased many sticks in the past year, so most of my collection now has from 1 to 4 years, with the above exceptions.

camgfs:
    I have a few ISOM San Christobal from 2001. They were a few years old when I got them and they are delicious! So smooth and yet powerful at the same time. A real joy to smoke. I also have about 5 Cohiba Reserva from 2002 (from a Cohiba humi of 30 cigars). Those have been great since I only opened that box a little over a year ago...I don't think they need any more ageing. I don't think I've purchased many sticks in the past year, so most of my collection now has from 1 to 4 years, with the above exceptions.

***DROOOOOOOL**** Sounds mighty fine Cam :D
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • szeligaszeliga Posts: 32
    A ruination from two months ago. I smoke way faster than I buy. Come to think of it getting low and should be ordering soon. Do you all buy boxes with the intent to let them sit? I need that instant gratitfication of purchasing and then consuming and 5 pcks don't last long enough to age. I guess look into boxes?
  • ScottCScottC Posts: 38
    szeliga:
    A ruination from two months ago. I smoke way faster than I buy. Come to think of it getting low and should be ordering soon. Do you all buy boxes with the intent to let them sit? I need that instant gratitfication of purchasing and then consuming and 5 pcks don't last long enough to age. I guess look into boxes?
    Or you can try samplers or bundles aka mazos. Check our weekend blitz for good deals on bundles.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I have quit a few with over a yr and a half but pick up an Opus charity box from 05, I've only owned for a month.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I have a Don Pepin Garcia blue and a Perdomo Habano corojo in there since last Christmas. That's when I got my first humidor and this whole crazy odyssey began. Out of the 90+ Super Sampler I got, those two I liked the best, so I'm going to try and hold on to them for long as possible.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Whats been in MY humi the longest? Two God of Fire's I picked up about 2.5 years back on a March Madness Daily Deal. They're still the only GoF's I own, and I cant seem to find an occasion "special" enough to pull the trigger and fire one up.

What in my humi has the most AGE on it? An original Gurkha Titan gifted to me from either j0x3r or kuzi at the conclusion of my Snipers' Box campaign. Again, cant find a special enough occasion - that baby came to me with a date tag on it from 2006!!!

Whats GOING to be in my humi the longest? About two months back, I came across an INSANE deal on some Fuente Anejo's. Bought 20 of them, five each of four different sizes. Smoked one that day to celebrate my good fortune, and the rest will be resting for, you guessed it, SPECIAL OCCASIONS.

Sorry if this sounded like I am bragging, but some things in life are worth bragging over. :-)

• Don't think you're bragging at all, just detailing the spoils! Thanks to you and everyone for sharing!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've got a SC Artisan from 3 years ago that I got with my first cotm. I've got several sticks, and boxes though that are hitting the 2 year mark. But the oldest actual stick is a LGC isom from 2002. I may smoke that when it has 10 years on it.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Cohiba Maduro Genios 5 with 2 years on it. Also a MOW SE and MOW Ruination from their original production so probably 2 years on those. Had a Partagas 150 from 96 but I had to burn it.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Cuba Libre Epicure. My first box purchase.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I've got some cigars called Beck - a box came with my first and only humi that my wife got me Christmas 2005. - still have a few of those. Pretty much figured they were yard-gars and didn't smoke too many (plus they're bigger than I like 6x60). Had one several months ago working in the yard and was very pleasantly surprised.

Next I have 2 Isoms (Fonseca and RyJ tubo) left over from about 10 Isoms that I got while in Bermuda in May 2007.

After that I still have a couple sticks left from my first two C.Com orders in June and August 2008 - RP Edge habano and maddie, RP Fusion, Cuban label churchill.

It's not that I even have that many sticks (one 100-count humi and one little tupperdore), I just don't smoke a whole lot. Plus, after sticks get a year or so on them, I get wierd about smoking them. They seem too valuable so I smoke younger sticks instead. I know, I'm wierd like that...lol
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I have some 5 Vegas Gold, Classic and A that came with my old humi when I get it better part of 2 years ago now and have some Diesel UC's that I got a year and a half ago. I have some others that are older that have been bombed/traded to me but haven't had them myself as long. Got some Tatuaje Boris and Dracs and a Cohiba Siglo VI with a box date of 05 on it.
    ENFIDL:
    I have some 5 Vegas Gold, Classic and A that came with my old humi when I get it better part of 2 years ago now and have some Diesel UC's that I got a year and a half ago. I have some others that are older that have been bombed/traded to me but haven't had them myself as long. Got some Tatuaje Boris and Dracs and a Cohiba Siglo VI with a box date of 05 on it.
    BTW how the heck does a brother get a Siglo?? Don't misunderstand not asking for one by any means, just trying to figure out how the holy heck I can track one down?? Thanks E!
    90+ Irishman:
    ENFIDL:
    BTW how the heck does a brother get a Siglo?? Don't misunderstand not asking for one by any means, just trying to figure out how the holy heck I can track one down?? Thanks E!
    Let's see I have 3 Siglo II's that my dad got me when he was on a cruise, a Siglo IV that Alienmisprint hooked me up with in some prize winnings and the Siglo VI Diamondog gifted me as an engagement gift.
    ENFIDL:
    90+ Irishman:
    ENFIDL:
    Let's see I have 3 Siglo II's that my dad got me when he was on a cruise, a Siglo IV that Alienmisprint hooked me up with in some prize winnings and the Siglo VI Diamondog gifted me as an engagement gift.
    Gotcha, well way cool man those all sound like great occasions and reasons! Like I have said before E, I can't tell you how happy I am that you found someone that makes you feel so happy brother, both you and your fiance' are very lucky and I'm incredibly happy for both of you brother!
    90+ Irishman:
    ENFIDL:
    90+ Irishman:
    ENFIDL:
    Gotcha, well way cool man those all sound like great occasions and reasons! Like I have said before E, I can't tell you how happy I am that you found someone that makes you feel so happy brother, both you and your fiance' are very lucky and I'm incredibly happy for both of you brother!
    Thanks man!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I only have four different cigars that's still in my humi from when I started last November. Three Arturo Fuente #77, two Zino Embassy Selection 2010 Belicoso and a tie with 7 Avo Classic Robusto and 7 Perdomo Lot 23 Natural.

• 415415 Posts: 951
    hmmm........ oldest that ive bought is a graycliff crystal presidente i bought in december. oldest that i know of is the sandshark.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I have some 5V Gold, CI Graycliff Series, and RP Edge and Edge Lite that all have 3 years on them. Im not even meaning to age them lol. They just are all at the bottom of my Humis.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky