Home General Discussion
Options

humidifier for in wall humi

ive been using the oasis 2 xl. its just to much. i turn it off all summer and use 2 pds of beads and she stays constant at 66-67, i fired the oasis back up and shes up to 71. i do want to stay with a active unit. thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Not trying to be a jackass here, but you know you can dial the humidity setting on your Oasis to whatever setting you prefer, correct?

If for whatever reason thats not working for you, here's what I suggest - take a small tupperware bowl and drill some smallish holes in the lid. Wash and dry the tupperware out thoroughly to eliminate any plasticy (yeah, just added "plasticy" to the ol' Sniper Dictionary LOL) smells. Fill the tupperware bowl with distilled water, put the lid on and place it in the bottom of your humi. Leave your beads placed around various spots in your humi, and watch your hygrometer stay at a rock-solid setting of whatever RH beads you have in there!

The water naturally evaporates thru the holes in the tupperware lid, the lid and the small amount of water in the bowl combine to virtually eliminate spills (since yours in an in-wall humi, you dont even have to worry about it being jostled around like a normal humidor or coolidor could be), and the beads without even having to charge them keep everything at your preferred RH.

This is how I set up my coolidorasaurus (dont know if you saw that one, if not do a search for it here on the forums if youd like to see some pics), and it is the steadiest, most hassle free humidity of all my humidors - including the ones I run Cigar Oasis XL's in. I know you mentioned you wanted to stick with active humidification, but since you already have your beads your only possible expense for trying this idea out is the cost of a tupperware bowl or two.

Give it a shot for two or three weeks, I think you'll be VERY pleased with the results. And make sure to shoot me a PM and let me know how it works for you, or if you have any questions. Hope this helped! :-)

• Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    lol. yah, its down to 53. the digi that comes w/ the oasis is never close. i will try your idea. thx john