Home General Discussion
Options

Haven't ordered cigars in awhile

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
I just realized I haven't bought cigars for quite awhile. As time goes on I am really finding myself getting pickier and pickier about the stuff I buy. I really don't buy anything anymore that I haven't already tried. And I really haven't seen anything remotely interesting that I would even consider buying lately. Well...maybe except the AB Black Market, I wouldn't mind trying that...but that's it. Either I'm in a funk or am I just becoming a cigar snob? lol

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    nope. im in the same place. i have several hundred cigars and dont feel the need to buy them just to have some. im not about to run out. i only buy what i like. i get to try new things because people either send em to me, i trade for them, or they are pulled from a pass that i am a part of. its not so much that im a snob, i just dont feel like spending money on a cigar that i may or may not like.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Totally understand, I found myself now stocking the cigars I know I like only. I know I'm getting to the point your at. My spending has slowed down tremendously. There is a few ISOM's I would like to try now. But other than that. I'm where I need to be with the selection I have. A cigar snob, no. A connoisseur maybe, lol. Me, still learning but, already know what I like....

• Options
    szeligaszeliga Posts: 32
    I obviously don't have the experience with cigars that you do but I kinda feel the same way. I tend to order the same things over and over because I know I like them. I want to branch away from ajs lines but I know I like them and they don't give me problems. Its like going to your favorite restaurant and always getting thr same thing......you know its good and if you stray you might find another good dish but if it sucks you will be asking yourself " why didn't I just get ........ Its always good".
  • Options
    szeligaszeliga Posts: 32
    I also find that i read tasting notes for cigars and certain things draw me in, descriptors like creamy, and coffee and chewy. I will buy a single to try and never end up liking it. Its almost like one thing sounds good to my brain but when it comes to my palate all i want is spice and pepper. It becomes tough to buy things when that happens.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    well that means (what krieg, kuzi, and RCY are saying).....that there's hope for me!
    I was wondering if finally I would get to a point where the need to collect more sticks would subside..............I think I may be getting close...................as a matter of fact...................I'm going to announce here and now that I will not purchase any more sticks until after................Thanksgiving!!

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    well that means (what krieg, kuzi, and RCY are saying).....that there's hope for me!
    I was wondering if finally I would get to a point where the need to collect more sticks would subside..............I think I may be getting close...................as a matter of fact...................I'm going to announce here and now that I will not purchase any more sticks until after................Thanksgiving!!

... Yeah, right. The day of your worst hangover... " I'll never drink again ! " Next Friday... "Double Jack and Coke ! "
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    KingoftheCove:

... Yeah, right. The day of your worst hangover... " I'll never drink again ! " Next Friday... "Double Jack and Coke ! "
    nope - I'm serious this time.............after my order comes this Monday, I'll be maxed out as far as storage............only have a small travel humi left and I need to leave that empty for travel ..............
    no more sticks!!
    but I'll confess if I fail...................

• Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    kaspera79:
    KingoftheCove:

nope - I'm serious this time.............after my order comes this Monday, I'll be maxed out as far as storage............only have a small travel humi left and I need to leave that empty for travel ..............
    no more sticks!!

:)
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    kaspera79:
    KingoftheCove:

no more sticks!!

Just smoke more. That'll free ya up
  • Options
    ooopsie daisy.......

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yep, same boat. I don't really buy that much anymore. I know what I like, and what time of year it comes out, so that's what I buy, and when. The deal sites don't really carry much of what I'm looking for anyway, so I'm not really watching those. I'm not bored with the hobby, but I found my groove I think. I do have a "to try" list, but it's very specific.
  • Options
    It's been a while since I've added to my collection and right now I have the urge to buy something. I just want the mail man to ring my doorbell, been watching the sprint site all day and nothing caught my eye yet.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Until Undercrown finally released I was on a 9 month hiatus from buying, now though I'm waiting for The Black Friday sale here.... if it happens again... I hope so.... my bank account doesn't
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It's been a long while since I've done any serious ordering (Wolfman was the only thing I've bought online in a while). I have mostly just been picking up a few singles here and there at the locals. It just happens sometimes.
  • Options
    szeliga:
    I also find that i read tasting notes for cigars and certain things draw me in, descriptors like creamy, and coffee and chewy. I will buy a single to try and never end up liking it. Its almost like one thing sounds good to my brain but when it comes to my palate all i want is spice and pepper. It becomes tough to buy things when that happens.
    I can relate. The last time this happened to me is when I read the description for the la herencia Cubana Core.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    KingoftheCove:

Oh Jesus, I hope the beard doesn't blame me for this, lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Hayblet:
    Until Undercrown finally released I was on a 9 month hiatus from buying, now though I'm waiting for The Black Friday sale here.... if it happens again... I hope so.... my bank account doesn't
    Spence...tobacco world anniversary party is coming up. Nov 12 , :)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    KingoftheCove:
    kaspera79:
    KingoftheCove:

no more sticks!!

yeah, I uh...................didn't quite make it to Thanksgiving............
    but I made it to November!!....................

• Options
    KingoftheCove:
    KingoftheCove:
    kaspera79:
    KingoftheCove:

no more sticks!!

yeah, I uh...................didn't quite make it to Thanksgiving............
    but I made it to November!!....................

No need to explain.. We know. It's all the temptation you surround yourself with. So what did you get ?