Home Cigar 101
Options

Humidor Question

In your guys opinion, do you recommend keeping multiple smaller humidors stocked and ready, or just bite the bullet and buy a large one? I guess I am thinking about this from two fronts: 1) One large humi is like keeping all of your eggs one basket - the basket fails, and the cigars are trashed. BUT, it's easier to rugulate humidity in just one humidor. 2) Smaller humis offer the advantage of being able to group your smokes by ________, and also if there is a humidity, beetle, sticky fingered buddy, etc. problem, it will only effect a small group of your collection. Give me some opinions guys! I currently have 2 - 30 Count models, and a 150 count, but am trying to rationalize why I should either just buy a few more smaller ones, or just buy a big one and be done with it.

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have three humidors One for my "Super Premium" cigars that I want to age, or fall into the special occasion cigar category. ( opus, ISOM, PE, Ashton, Davidoff, Illusione, etc. ) One for my anytime cigars, commons that are favorites ... And one for "isolation" humidor. These are cigars that need to be brought up to humidity due to travel. They spend a couple weeks here before they join the general population.

I find it benificial to keep cigars in different conditions as well. My aging humidor is kept at 65 humidity, and my everyday is closer to 70. The isolation is 70 too but often requires more attention while the cigars are adjusting.

I also have a humidor which is empty now that houses infused cigars should I acquire some. It is suggested that humidors maintain the best conditions when kept near capacity, so ten cigars in a 150 count is not advised.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have three humidors and one tupperdor. it is kind of a pain dealing with humidity in all of them. however, the organization makes it worth it.