Home General Discussion

Met Abe Flores of PDR

Last night I went to a PDR event and got to meet Abe Flores, what a great down-to-earth guy. I bought a box of his PDR Liga Especial Reserva and he signed it for me.
We had a great discussion on PA broadleaf and he explained that it is become shorter in supply since so many people are using it for wrapper, he said that only about a 1/4 of the bale is sorted for wrapper the rest is filler/binder. I mentioned CCOM/Alex/The Beard and he said he like working with CCOM. I mentioned the new Obsidian and he was hesitant at first because he thought I was going to criticize it, but when I told him I thought is was a go stick, he told me he is working on a new Sol Cubano that will be released in December or early next year.

You can really feel the passion in Abe and he truly loves cigars and is passionate about tobacco, it was a great conversation and a great time.

I will post pictures of the box tonight.

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Super cool. I like a lot of Abe's stuff.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Ok Finally had time to post pictures from the PDR Event

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Abe is one awesome guy I have yet to smoke anything by him that involves any sort of construction or draw issue (still need to try a few more blends) just all around great smokes, especially the BOTL small batch 2010
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    PDR Makes some amazing blends... the sungrown comes to mind.

• dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    My favorite smokes riight now are PDRs...BOTL small batch and 1878 Capa Oscuro. Both are incredible if you have not tried one.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Man, those Reserva Superiors look great!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    BigT06:
    Man, those Reserva Superiors look great!
    The one that I smoked at the event was tasty.