Home Cigar 101

Box codes

mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
Anyone know what the box code for Romeo y Julieta #1 A/T? Supposedly packaged in Dec 10?

Any thoughts DD?

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Huh? What do you mean? The box code shows the factory, the month, and year. Should look like (for example) LRE DEC 10 (though LRE is just an example of a factory code). The current factory codes haven't been cracked, because they rotate which code represents which factory on a constant basis. So really the only information you can get from a code these days is the month and year the cigars were boxed. In fact, even if I were to have a box of Boli RC from LRE NOV09 that were awesome, just because you get a box of Boli RC from LRE factory from November 2009 doesn't mean they will be killer. Cuba is Cuba.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Yes, I understand but I'm tying to see if anyone else happens to have a box of RYJ #1's and if they could tell me what the factory code is. I'm just tring to cross reference a box I have here to see if they're legit. the box was stamped DIC 10 or Dec 2010. It has a factory code I havnt seen before. I dont care if the code it's self has been crack but if it ibeen used on another box than I can Ref.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    If i am not mistaken the code should be:

KMM
    DIC10

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    If these are Cuban check your barcode here: http://www.habanos.com/Sellos/Info/VerificaSelloCajon

It wont tell you factory but it will tell you if it a genuine Habanos product...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    If these are Cuban check your barcode here: http://www.habanos.com/Sellos/Info/VerificaSelloCajon

It wont tell you factory but it will tell you if it a genuine Habanos product...
    great site. im bookmarking that. thanks DD
    kuzi16:
    No problem, it is a bit of an agrivating site when you have to enter the scambled letters in order to submit, it usually takes me 5 or 6 times to get the letters right so if it keeps erroring just keep trying it works...the other problem it has on my desktop it will only work in Firefox...
    Diamondog:
    kuzi16:
    No problem, it is a bit of an agrivating site when you have to enter the scambled letters in order to submit, it usually takes me 5 or 6 times to get the letters right so if it keeps erroring just keep trying it works...the other problem it has on my desktop it will only work in Firefox...
    Also, there is a lot of evidence that said website is not 100% accurate. People have gotten boxes from sources that are legit, that the website says it can't find.
    Ive run many boxes through it no issue....but when I guess there are millions of boxes out there anything is possible...
    Diamondog:
    Ive run many boxes through it no issue....but when I guess there are millions of boxes out there anything is possible...
    And Cuba is Cuba. I've never personally had a box come back negative either, but I'm sure it's possible.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Thanks for the site.