Home Cigar 101

Temperture in a cabinet

RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
What's to cold of a environment in your cabinet? My temp has dropped in the basement and I just notice. I have my heat on now. But for a day or so my temp may have been under 62 degrees. That's when I noticed it. I know by the time someone reads this I may or may not have the answer. But I figured I'll ask anyway.

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    It is too low. I would bring it up a little. I don't think it is so low that you have caused a problem but I would bring it up to at least 65.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    50-60 wont be a problem at all. it will, at worst, slow down age.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I would think the only drawback to a slightly cooler climate would be that the aging process would be impared at temps below 55 degrees. The bigger concern is always high temperatures ( above 75 ) which can lead to mold, insects and rotting of cigars. 62 is not "ideal" but also no need for concern.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Sweet deal, thanks everyone for your input. Didn't get a chance to research it. It's a busy day at work. Good thing is, I know it didn't get in the 50's. So it should be good to go...

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem is the wife always keeps the thermostat set at seventy. Right now my humi reads 72. I've seen it as high as 74 once.
    smack her around a bit.

...now get back in the kitchen and make me a pie.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Pies, sound good. My sticks stay above 50 during the winter, though we don't have the heat on in our home, we do use a portable heater when we are in a room. (I don't like paying for gas every month).
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    smack her around a bit.

...now get back in the kitchen and make me a pie.
    Lol I'd wake up with my 357 staring me in the face.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    RCY Cigars:
    What's to cold of a environment in your cabinet? My temp has dropped in the basement and I just notice. I have my heat on now. But for a day or so my temp may have been under 62 degrees. That's when I noticed it. I know by the time someone reads this I may or may not have the answer. But I figured I'll ask anyway.

THEY ARE ALL RUINED! You can drop them all off at my house and I will dispose of them properly for you ;)
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    One thing you might want to consider is that colder air is worse at holding humidity. So keep an eye on that, and your humidifiers, which might have to be recharged more frequently than they do in warmer temps.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.