Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I am now a believer in Chriopracty

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Well, for about a year now I've been living with some neck pain. Comes and goes...but it has gotten so bad that I am starting to miss days of work. So I finally broke down and went to a Chriopracter. For the longest time I thought they were all a bunch of crap. But I couldn't have been more wrong. He took x rays of my neck and turns out that one of my vertabrae in the bottom of my neck shifted over to the left and was pinching my nerves. Also had a muscle spasm about the size of a golf ball because the muscles were shifted over also. Suffice to say, I was jacked up. Anyways, he did his therapy and stuff and I woke up the next day feeling better than I have felt in over a year. I've had a few more adjustments till he gets it fixed 100%, but like I said I haven't felt this good in a very long time. Hell, I took my kids trick or treating last night, walking around for 2 hours and my back wasn't hurting at all (which it would have been). So if anyone is thinking about going, give it a try. It works.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Since going to the chiropractor my quality of life has greatly improved as well brother. The constant neck, back, shoulder, and hip pain are gone and I'm not losing feeling in my arms, hands and legs nearly as much. They are miracle workers!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree with you more. I've had back problems for a long time and my chiro fixes me right up. I go every three weeks for a "maintenance adjustment." There's nothing like getting cracked and doing twelve minutes on the traction table...fixes me right up everytime. Glad you're feeling better!
  • Options
    Me too, I have alot more energy now to play with my kids. Also, i now this sounds crazy, but I had little cold before I got adjusted, and after, it went away. Don't know if it was a coincidence or what, but it was interesting.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, chiropractors have a definite place. Medical doctors turn up their noses at them but they do serve a need. There was a span of a few years where I couldn't sleep well at night because my hips would just kill me after a few hours. I found I could sleep on a waterbed so we had one of those. Then, when it became more hassle than it was worth, we switched to an air bed so I could adjust how firm or soft I needed it. Then it got to where the air bed wouldn't hold air so we went back to a conventional bed with one of those tempurpedic foam toppers on the mattress.

Finally, I let myself get talked into seeing a chiropractor. The first thing he noticed was that one of my legs was about an inch and a half shorter than the other so he put me on the table and popped my pelvis back into position. Not only did it take care of the short-leg thing, but I slept well for the first time in a long while.

It took a couple more adjustments but now all is well.

I don't buy some of the ridiculous claims I've heard chiropractors make - like being able to cure athlete's foot and B.S. like that, but for certain things they definitely serve a need.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been thinking about it alot. My body is just a wreck
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my wife was in a car accident a bit over a year ago and her back and neck was messed up after it. the chiropractor helped her out quite a bit. she still isnt 100% yet but without it it could have been much worse.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I went to a chiropractor I walked out of there felling like a new person.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    glad yall are feeling better.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Me too, I have alot more energy now to play with my kids. Also, i now this sounds crazy, but I had little cold before I got adjusted, and after, it went away. Don't know if it was a coincidence or what, but it was interesting.
    I can vouch for that...growing up I went to the chiropractor to get adjusted when I had colds and whatnot before going to the family physician. Sure some illnesses need more attention than a chiropractor can provide...but it is crazy what a simple adjustment will do......
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    Krieg:
    I can vouch for that...growing up I went to the chiropractor to get adjusted when I had colds and whatnot before going to the family physician. Sure some illnesses need more attention than a chiropractor can provide...but it is crazy what a simple adjustment will do......

A guy I work with takes his kids with him when he goes. They have a family day at the chiro and all get adjusted. He said they have never missed one day of school from illness. I know how good I feel afterwards so there's gotta be some credibility to it. I'm convined it can really help out in keeping you healthy.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    My wife is a chiropractor. She specializes in upper cervical chiropratic care. My mom suffered from severe migranes until my wife adjusted her. I get checked all the time. It is amazing to see how the body can repair itself with minor adjustment. She has also been involved in many studies showing that adjustments to the neck at the atlas ( the part our big heads are balanced on) can help control children with A.D.D. without putting them on meds. I have witnessed this in a couple of her patience kids.
  • Options
    vegassparky:
    My wife is a chiropractor. She specializes in upper cervical chiropratic care. My mom suffered from severe migranes until my wife adjusted her. I get checked all the time. It is amazing to see how the body can repair itself with minor adjustment. She has also been involved in many studies showing that adjustments to the neck at the atlas ( the part our big heads are balanced on) can help control children with A.D.D. without putting them on meds. I have witnessed this in a couple of her patience kids.
    Fascinating!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Rhamlin:
    I've been thinking about it alot. My body is just a wreck
    Do yourself a favor and go.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Rhamlin: