Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Recently promoted

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just patting myself on the back here. But I recently got promoted to Captain either I'm doing something right or they are scrapeing the bottom of the barrell.(is that spelled right? Just don't look right.)

Comments

• Options
    Congrats, What type of Captain, military or civil.
  • Options
    dopeyferree:
    Captain of a towboat, pushing barges up and down the rivers. Mainly the Mississippi and Ohio.
  • Options
    Very nice. Congrats.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Way to go brother! Always great to see good things happen to good people. Thanks for sharing the good news with us!

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Excellent. That just means that the pilot and deckhands can now blame you for everything. More $?
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats man!
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Excellent. That just means that the pilot and deckhands can now blame you for everything. More $?
    You got that right. can't say I like the xtra responsabilities but the raise in pay definately will come in handy.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Just patting myself on the back here. But I recently got promoted to Captain either I'm doing something right or they are scrapeing the bottom of the barrell.(is that spelled right? Just don't look right.)
    You are in good company... Other famous Captains... Cousteau, Quint, Bligh, Hook, Morgan, Lou Albano, Sparrow, America, Marvel, Kirk , Krunch, Kangaroo, Undepants, Caveman, and Captain Obvious.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Congrats man. Nothing wrong with patting yourself on the back for your accomplishments.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Congrats broski.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Congrats!!!!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    Rhamlin:
    You are in good company... Other famous Captains... Cousteau, Quint, Bligh, Hook, Morgan, Lou Albano, Sparrow, America, Marvel, Kirk , Krunch, Kangaroo, Undepants, Caveman, and Captain Obvious.

Congrats brother ... Kas thats pretty dang funny !
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Congrats buddy!!!
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Capt Rhamlin...sounds like a Deadliest Catch Captain's name. Has that ring to it. Congrats on the promo.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    dopeyferree:
    Captain of a towboat, pushing barges up and down the rivers. Mainly the Mississippi and Ohio.
    congrats, most my friends are captiains on tows, crewboats, pilot boats and work boats , ones on his week off bow hunting in minn.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Congrats brother!! You hiring? haha
  • Options
    jj20030:
    Rhamlin:
    dopeyferree:
    congrats, most my friends are captiains on tows, crewboats, pilot boats and work boats , ones on his week off bow hunting in minn.
    Yeah I bet brother. You live in a busy ass commercial spot. Probably can't walk into a bar without tripping over someone that works boats.??
  • Options
    skweekz:
    Towing companies are always hiring. Even in this economy they can't get enough people. Mainly because not to many people stay around more than a year.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    skweekz:
    Towing companies are always hiring. Even in this economy they can't get enough people. Mainly because not to many people stay around more than a year.
    my hats off to u and congrats...the folks that I have talked to that work round the Louisville area of the Ohio River speak of how grueling the work is...I'm sure that has a lot to do with such a high turnover...
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    Rhamlin:
    skweekz:
    my hats off to u and congrats...the folks that I have talked to that work round the Louisville area of the Ohio River speak of how grueling the work is...I'm sure that has a lot to do with such a high turnover...
    Yes it sure can be at that. I know I couldn't make it as a deckhand now but I put 18 years decking it can break you down. Been driving boats about 12 years now and somedays I really wish I was back decking.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the promo. I hope in means more money and opportunities for you.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Congrats.
    One God, One Truth