Home General Discussion
Options

I smoked a good cigar from....

Comments

• Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    From bluetattoo. first ever camacho image
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    From bluetattoo. first ever camacho
    Good first one to try. Do I need to hook you up with a Camacho sampler?
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Nice! I think that was the hit that triggered the bday bomb with that opus lol. I still have 1-2 left from that box.
    It was a very nice cigar, Dustin. Thanks again man.
    You should light one up soon, it's smoked very nicely.

I'd have to look through my notes, but I am 99% sure this was my first time smoking Padron, and it did not disappoint.
    Definitely not an everyday stick (at least for my budget), it was a fantastic cigar and I will put this on my "want to try more" list for the future.

Only complaint is I had to touch it up/relight .... but that was user error.
    I was trying to smoke it slow and really savor it, but I may have been smoking a little too slow LOL because it went out on me once!! Didn't seem to impact the smoke though, just touched it up with the torch and I was all good.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Well, yesterday, for my birthday, I smoked my first OpusX, which was kindly traded to me by a nice person from this forum. I took it to a lake, sat down on a bench, and smoked it, accompanied by some scotch in a coffee tumbler.

Now, I really love the AF Hemingways, so perhaps my expectations were too high, but....the OpusX didn't blow me away. It was a very smooth cigar, with moderation in all areas--moderate spices, moderate strength, a wrapper that wasn't too dark or too light or too sweet. It has an excellent draw, and an excellent finish. A very, very nice cigar. But a $25 cigar? I don't think so. I've been blown away by cigars that are a quarter of the cost of one OpusX. I'm glad I had one to finally have the experience but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't participate in your B-day bombings, but considering my recently lead raid I thought it would be ok lol Anyway, I just smoked the San Lotano Oval from your bombing with the date of May 2012 on it! Smooth all the way through, and a great pairing to writing a chapter of my thesis outside on my deck on this beautiful afternoon. Thanks!

• Options
    After the above, I still had work to do so I followed it up with this creamy little Oliva. Fitting since I'm going to Connecticut in an hour to get sushi with a friend. Thanks Curt!

• Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Patrickbrick ..Thanks! imagephoto IMAG0991.jpg Btw that LFD you sent me was strong!!,??
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Creamy. JC cigars are I believe local to Twistedstem. Very good cigar.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Creamy. JC cigars are I believe local to Twistedstem. Very good cigar.
    Awesome brother!!they are from a little shop in st Augustine.just went down there this weekend and got a few more.glad you enjoyed it!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An all time favorite! Love them thank you!
  • Options
    Rain sent me this in a prize pack that included some "help from Dustin"
    The date on the cigar was 4/4/11. One of the best cigars I've ever had.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Sorry I didn't participate in your B-day bombings, but considering my recently lead raid I thought it would be ok lol Anyway, I just smoked the San Lotano Oval from your bombing with the date of May 2012 on it! Smooth all the way through, and a great pairing to writing a chapter of my thesis outside on my deck on this beautiful afternoon. Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed it Sam.
  • Options
    Thanks man... Tasty
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Rain sent me this in a prize pack that included some "help from Dustin"
    The date on the cigar was 4/4/11. One of the best cigars I've ever had.
    Those old JJ's are amazing!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Thanks man!!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great cigar.

• Options
    Thanks Red!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Dave! This one's been on my radar for a while....I'm impressed. Will definitely be going on my "want a box" list.
    And 2 bills for a box of 50, that's a pretty damn good deal IMO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Ray!!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jim !
    Great smoke in this vitola !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Been using a random number generation to choose my smokes recently, and it picked this gem today. 2nd one I've had and just a good as the first, thanks man!

• Options
    Thanks Brett! Great cigar!
  • Options
    No_one21:
    Been using a random number generation to choose my smokes recently, and it picked this gem today. 2nd one I've had and just a good as the first, thanks man!
    do you have all you cigars #ed?
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    No_one21:
    do you have all you cigars #ed?
    Nah, have em all in an excel sheet and a random number is generated between the upper and lower limits of the column numbers I choose. Currently I placed the upper limit at cigars with at least a month in my humi.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Tried the new Tattoo by Tatuaje. Liked it very much. Price point is $5.00 as well
  • Options
    Mow goodness. Thanks Jim.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phalanx FTW
    Thanks Steve!
  • Options
    So good. Thanks Buddy!
  • Options
    Smoked a Torano Exodus '50 years' . While I am not typically a Torano fan, this was pretty damn good.
    Thanks Michael