Home General Discussion

Fun cigar facts.

I was recently looking around for some fun facts about cigars, but mainly came up with quit smoking facts. So I thought it would be interesting for people to list their fun cigar facts.

The PA Amish people make cigars

Ulysses Grant smoked up to 20 cigars a day (caught up with him though)

Comments

• The day before signing the embargo with Cuba, JFK had his Secretary of State running around buying up his fav Cuban cigars. I wonder how long that collection lasted.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    George Burns, the comedian , smoked 10 to 15 cigars a day. WHen he passed on he was granted his only dying wish which was to be buried with 3 of his favorite cigars .
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thicksmoke9:
    The day before signing the embargo with Cuba, JFK had his Secretary of State running around buying up his fav Cuban cigars. I wonder how long that collection lasted.
    1200 Petit Upmanns to be exact!
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Schrooz:
    George Burns, the comedian , smoked 10 to 15 cigars a day. WHen he passed on he was granted his only dying wish which was to be buried with 3 of his favorite cigars .
    They were probably cheapies since the guy historically smoked lower priced cigars. He didnt like spending a lot on cigars.
    Schrooz:
    White owls though.....womp, womp, womp :(
    CAcigarguy007:
    Schrooz:
    White owls though.....womp, womp, womp :(
    And El Producto just to be factual.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget about Monica and Bill.... (We all know what happened)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    KCW:
    ... and i wish we didnt know.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KCW:
    I once asked my wife if she wanted a Monica Lowenski, she didn't find it as amusing as I did.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It was a Gurkha.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    ... and i wish we didnt know.

I wish we had more explicit details.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    docbp87:
    It was a Gurkha.
    At least we know it didn't throw off the flavor profile. :P