Home Ratings & Reviews

Thunder by Nimish

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Simple Review here.....it sucks, dont smoke it

What I thought were floral or citrus notes on the first few puffs simply ended up being a taste similar to a very good cigar, but not the cigar itself----the ashes on the bottom of the ashtray. It was metallic, harsh, and again tasted like a burnt ash. I put it out about 5-10 minutes in, and actually thought a Camel or Winston had a better flavor profile than this. Rocky my friend-----you have hit a new low. Though to give credit where it is due....its a very nice looking stick

Signed-----A man who harkens back to the original 1990 & 1992 Vintage Patels and the original Olde Worlds....you know Rock, when you still made consistently tasty sticks.

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Ouch, I felt your pain through that
    One God, One Truth
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I've come to expect almost nothing from RP these days. i have a few old Decades and 90s and 92s... but when they are gone, they are gone. They dont make em like they used to...
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Its funny because I read these other amature reviewers and most are saying its a decent to a good stick.....and I know palates are different, but this is not good. Decent? Maybe to some. Im sorry Im with you Troy....aside from a VERY select few, since Fuego left Patel----they all suck. Too many blends, not enough consistency, and no dedication to it seemingly. Also, as I look at these reviewers, not to bust balls on guys I dont even know....but one guy reviewed 28 cigars and hasnt rated one below an 85 yet on his arbitrary scale!!!!! Even Afficianado will give an 81 occasionally.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Honestly because it has the name PATEL attached to it I'll be passing it up in the b&m humidor every time.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Dammm What a rough crowd...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    All righty then , I guess we will be passing this one up .
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I got one of these sitting in my humi,, Hmmm to smoke or not to smoke,,,,hmmmm. The newest cigar from RP that Ive tried is the the RP 15th anniversary. I though it was a good smoke, Little spendy but I gottem cheap. Seems my attitude is always more forgiving when I spend 3 bucks on a cigar rather than the msrp. paid full price for the Thunder, Which vitola did you have?
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    despite how much a ton of people (myself sometimes too) dislike Rocky,I have yet to hear anything negative (other than price) about the Rocky 50th
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    One of my local B&Ms had the creator of the Thunder in their stores and were having an event. Glad I didn't go!
    ok , I got to try it,,,,Im goin in,,,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the sticks like that and the zen are from a cousin or brother but surely rp has something to do with it, i thought his 15 anny. was ok ,ill have to try the 50th
    IDK Vulchor, I respect your opinion , really I do. but Im halway through this stick and Im finding it very enjoyable. Maybe I got lucky..
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    despite how much a ton of people (myself sometimes too) dislike Rocky,I have yet to hear anything negative (other than price) about the Rocky 50th
    Been wanting to try this one. Have u had it yet?

"Long ashes my friends."

• I have a box of these, i love this cigar so much. This might be my favorite smoke along with the Oliva V. Everything about it I love, the price, the flavor, the burn length. it has notes of espresso and like cocoa, its very full body and delivers such thick rich smoke. I can not disagree with you more on this stick. *Ive had the Thunder in both the Toro, and the first release "toro" which was really a Corona. Both were incredibly enjoyable. send all thunders to my mailbox haha.
    Im glad to hear you guys like em....as I said, personal preference and palate is what makes this hibby interesting. I just remember when Rocky used to be a cigar I HAD TO HAVE and they were all great.....to me this was just not that. But someone has palates that like licking the bottom of the ashtray right?;)
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I think I'm the same as stephen, I avoid anything that has RP attached to the band. I've been burned too many times by a good original release stick, then once the 93 94 rating gets handed out by some source, its almost like he just pushes mass production with no attention to quality because it has the rating and is going to sell enough. I have a really low opinion on rocky as you can tell, I consider that a major sellout-for profit-whoring.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Only RP I've had that was worth anything was the Edge Maduro. Don't know how much a maduro it was though, they are all almost black. That is a consistently good RP to me. The Vintage 92 is pretty good too, just way too pricey for his stuff. I have had lots of his smokes and really wouldn't give any away besides the Edge Maduro.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I have a box of his Patel Bros original in Torpedo and they are damn good. Past that though I cannot speak for his others.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Gonna have to smoke one of these soon, as I keep ending up with more of them in my humidor (I think I have 5 of them in various sizes, but have never bought one... or smoked one for that matter). Got a bunch in Vegas, got a few in trades and bombs. It must just be my destiny to try them. As much as I trash Rocky, and dislike most of his stuff I've had, Nimish is a funnyass dude (and a giant), so I have to give him a shot I guess.
    Saw this thread reappeared at the top of the list----when I saw the name of the stick....I nearly barfed. That is all.
    Vulchor:
    Saw this thread reappeared at the top of the list----when I saw the name of the stick....I nearly barfed. That is all.
    lol too funny ;o)
  • DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    I gotta agree with the majority here, if it has Patel on the band, leave it be.