Home General Discussion
Options

February COTMC sticks...

Just wondering what the package was for this month? Anybody receive their COTMC package for Feb? What were the sticks ?

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Didn't get mine yet...will keep you posted.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    got mine today...it's a Padilla smorgasbord. Miami Churchill, Obsidian, Achilles Salomon, 68 Toro, Habano Churchill. I'm pretty stoked...even after getting a few of the other Padilla deals.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Sounds nice, I really like the Padillas. I still have a few of the Achilles Salomons - last time I smoked one it was over 2 1/2 hours!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Somebody just got a good deal on Padilla's (ahem Alex). First a 3 for $5 deal now they make up the COTMC package. hmmmmm
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I got mine a couple of days ago. May have even been Friday. I can't remember. I have yet to smoke any of them though. Haven't even smoked the 3 for $5 yet. I think I am about 2 months behind on the cotm club smoking. I keep them a couple of months then smoke them. I still have that Monti Media Noche from months and months ago. I am looking forward to trying more Padillas though.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I got mine a couple of days ago. May have even been Friday. I can't remember. I have yet to smoke any of them though. Haven't even smoked the 3 for $5 yet. I think I am about 2 months behind on the cotm club smoking. I keep them a couple of months then smoke them. I still have that Monti Media Noche from months and months ago. I am looking forward to trying more Padillas though.
    That Monti. Media Noche was a winner by me. One that I would not have tried otherwise. I believe you will be pleased with it.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    rwheelwright:
    I still hat that Monti Media Noche too. I recently dropped from the CTOMC...good thing too...I'm over stocked on all those Padillas
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    Somebody just got a good deal on Padilla's (ahem Alex). First a 3 for $5 deal now they make up the COTMC package. hmmmmm
    And they're the one-day deal.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    And they're the one-day deal.
    Don't forget, they were the one day deal just a few weeks ago...before the DE Acids.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Padilla is on a huge marketing campaign after splitting with Pepin and going with their own blends/shops. There was a bunch of big names that were very skeptical and Padilla seems like they are trying to shut them up.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I hope they succeed, then.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    Padilla is on a huge marketing campaign after splitting with Pepin and going with their own blends/shops. There was a bunch of big names that were very skeptical and Padilla seems like they are trying to shut them up.
    I haven't had any of the non Pepin sticks yet. I've had a couple 1938's, an Obsidian and the old Miami. I have the three pack with the new Miami, 68 and Habano so we'll see how it goes. I was told the new Miami isn't all that great though, but I'll let you know.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    vankleekkw:
    I haven't had any of the non Pepin sticks yet. I've had a couple 1938's, an Obsidian and the old Miami. I have the three pack with the new Miami, 68 and Habano so we'll see how it goes. I was told the new Miami isn't all that great though, but I'll let you know.
    My only fear is that they were rushed out. They just announced that Pepin was out only a couple months ago and they already have the new blend on the market.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    madurofan:
    vankleekkw:
    My only fear is that they were rushed out. They just announced that Pepin was out only a couple months ago and they already have the new blend on the market.
    Thats a reasonable fear. I guess I'll just have to see if its justified I guess.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of the new blends and you guys are correct when you say his making a huge push. He is doing events, launching the new factory, and coming up with new projects. He had a tough brake as he lost out a lot last year by not having cigars. In terms of rushing, not to worry. Pepin stopped production in November 2007 but Ernesto did not realize he would not be getting more until Jan 09. When that happened, he shifted production to Tropical tobacco which is a facctory in Honduras owned by Eduardo Fernandez. The new cigars start coming in late last summer. On that note, I might point out that pepin was buying the tobacco to make the padilla blends from Eduardo Fernandez so the shift to Eduardos factory has been a big success. This is a great brand and has a lot of class. Right now is the first time in nearly two years we have had nearly all the lines and sizes in stock so we are really taking advantage of it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the added details on the transition Alex. Ernesto has held himself up throughout the whole ordeal and I have nothing but respect for the way he handled the situation.