Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Nonamacher's BBQ in Katy texas

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011...s-controversy/ After someone snapped a picture of it, and posted it on Facebook, a poster depicting a hanged Iranian man is drawing some unwanted attention to Nonmacher’s Bar-B-Q in Katy, local media report. The poster, which also shows armed men surrounding the hanged man, includes a caption that reads, “Let’s play cowboys and Iranians.” According to KHOU-Channel 11:“This thing has spread like wildfire and we are getting phone calls from New York and everywhere else,” said owner John Nonmacher. … The poster went up when Americans were held hostage during the Iranian Revolution about 30 years ago. Nonmacher said no one complained until someone recently blasted it on the social media site. “This is just a smear campaign. All they want is to get the sign down,” said Nonmacher. Nonmacher told KHOU that the poster was simply meant to be humorous. But a customer tells KTRK-Channel 13 that the poster is far from funny:Customer Ayman Wafai said, “You know it’s 2011, looking at it now, I see nothing really more than a display of racism and bigotry.” KTRK also reports that several people have asked Nonmacher to take the poster down, but he’s not budging.His message to those folks is, “It’s my choice to have it up. It’s your choice to go where you want to go. But I’m not going to take it down.”

Comments

• Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna have to go there for BBQ when I get back. As far as the poster goes if we allow fellow Americans to burn the flag as an expression of Freedom of Speech then I say the poster stays up
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I understand they are now selling out everyday.
  • Options
    she claims she is an iranian american, maybe just me but american first and foremost, i dont believe anything of another country should be first! , she likes iran so much go back there and see how they deal with complainers, ofcourse thatll never happen,, then i guess im a texican american,lol , and yes i hear his bidness is booming now
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Iranian is not a race. Muslim is not a race. But collectively, they seem to be some of the most humorless people on the planet. Good for the guys down there standing up. I guess they're not all bad, even if they do consider beef to be BBQ instead of pork, and don't know enough to put beans in their chili.
  • Options
    Yea.. I'm from houston... and the iranian community is pretty livid about it.. (i have several friends who are iranian..)I'm not... Yea some of them are taking it too far i believe. I can understand both sides of the story.. but I'm choosing not to get involved for two reasons. I believe in freedom of speech.. if they have a right to make derogatory comments about the US. we have the right to do the same. But at the same time if it were my ppl in the picture then i would be pissed same goes for anyone here i think. If we saw pictures of americans being treated like that I'm sure more than a handful of us would be like wtf. its just the world we live in...
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    So they hold our citizens hostage for over a year, but some guy has a drawing up for over 30 years and they're the ones who are suddenly offended??? Give me a f**king break. Some days I think common sense is a thing of the past.

Anyway, I'm assuming the majority of the offended are Muslims (other than the typical bleeding heart American a$$hole looking for a cause). So what the hell are they doing in a bar-b-que joint?!? It's pork, right?? Oh yeah, it's Texas. I ain't too sure what you boys call 'bar-b-que' down there ;-)
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Oh yeah, it's Texas. I ain't too sure what you boys call 'bar-b-que' down there ;-)
    We call it bar-b-que
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the Iranians would have to say if the poster were "Let's play Cowboys & Jews"? Anyone wanting to know what's really going on should read a pamphlet called "Sharia Law for Non-Muslims", published by the Center on Political Islam, I believe. This is not about Islam as a religion, but rather as a political movement, completely different thing.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Politics and political correctness aside, I'd just rather not look at a photo of a human corpse swinging from a tree while I try and enjoy my hush puppies. I don't care where they're from. But that's just me.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Politics and political correctness aside, I'd just rather not look at a photo of a human corpse swinging from a tree while I try and enjoy my hush puppies. I don't care where they're from. But that's just me.
    Lolllllllllll......Mmmmmm, "ya know honey...this pork the fat guy in the back pulled for us is pretty derned tasty.....but if only we had an artistic rendition of a hanging Iranian, then this BBQ would be really finger lickin"
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    Heavy:
    Oh yeah, it's Texas. I ain't too sure what you boys call 'bar-b-que' down there ;-)
    We call it bar-b-que
    LOL, well at least we both know it's a food and not a grill.
  • Options
    went to cali. in 1987 around aneheim, went looking for barbq after looking in the yellow pages, 2 different places , i smelled no smoke or saw any? i ask wheres the smoker, guy says, smoker? we bake it in the oven, i was like wtf and walked out,lol