MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
It was terrible.

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    HA!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Once again... PATEL

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I don't know guys... Maybe I have had so many great experiences with RP cigars over the years that I am more forgiving than most.. I just don't get all the Rocky Bashing lately. Many of my favorites include RP blends.. Nording, Vintage, Decades, the Seasonal Blends, Patel Brothers,..... (Next), Edge, 1961, anyone remember the I-Press.. His cigars kept me interested in this hobby.
    I may be in the minority but I am still a fan.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I have had terrible cigars from more than just RP. If you have not tried this cigar give it a shot. If you like it, good on you. Post a review here. I have had a few very good RP cigars and this review is not about the whole line. Just one cigar.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I like the RP famous signature. Go figure!
    Yeah fla-gypsy, to each their own. I just couldn't smoke it. Had a AF sungrown chaser to help the day go better.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    stephen_hannibal:
    Once again... PATEL

+1 ... rocko strikes again.

the only RP smokes that I enjoy consistantly are the Edge and the Vintage 1999 (the connie... the 90 and 92s are NOT consistant AT ALL)
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    I don't know guys... Maybe I have had so many great experiences with RP cigars over the years that I am more forgiving than most.. I just don't get all the Rocky Bashing lately. Many of my favorites include RP blends.. Nording, Vintage, Decades, the Seasonal Blends, Patel Brothers,..... (Next), Edge, 1961, anyone remember the I-Press.. His cigars kept me interested in this hobby.
    I may be in the minority but I am still a fan.
    I press was a very tasty cigar. I bought a box of those for jz when his boy was born.

"Long ashes my friends."

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    What a shock, lollllll....................I hear hes got a new one coming out blended exclusively with Nish's arm hair, it will be a limited edition-----until their all bought up, then he'll make it with his own arm hair and deny there was a change in the process.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Joke aside Kas......I agree with a few points totally and that is that he REALLLLLLy kept me interested in the hobby for awhile and that he had sticks that were amazing.....Nording, Vintage, Old Worlde, Edge Sumatra----all fantastic. The problem with him to me is that the blends for each has changed. Deny it if you want Rocky, but if anyone is lucky enough to have some 90 & 92s or original Decades still around.....smoke them, then smoke the ones out today. If your making a different stick or limited edition----go right ahead, Petey J does it all the time. But to try and tell me they are the same blend, or that the Sumatra is now the Renaissance.......cmon Rock, Im not blind and my palate isnt retarded.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone with rp's that want to give them away or trade just let me know
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I think a persons opinion of Rocky may have more to do with WHEN you bought the RP's you have. If you have the OR decades, OR Vintage 90 92's, OR edge sumatras, etc in your humi then I guarantee you don't get what peoples issue is with Rocky. If you bought up your decades, vintage 90s, etc in the past year, then you probably can't figure why anyone would smoke anything with the name RP on it. Or maybe I just had bad luck with EVERY rp stick I've gotten in the past year & a half.
    Na blurr. All the new stock sucks. Ok, I can't guarantee that but RP is almost on par with Gurkha to me now. I will not touch their line unless my whole house goes up in flames, I have only a RP cigar in my pocket, and I don't feel like walking 450 miles to Greg2648's house for a cigar. Walking sounds nicer.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Question: about when (approx date) would you guys say the RP blends changed (i.e. got crappy)? I have a couple RPs left over from my first few c.com orders 2 or more years ago and was curious if they'd be considered original or the 'new-and-unimproved' blends. THey were from around June-September 2009 I guess.

I smoked a bunch when I first started trying to learn more about cigars and had just discovered c.com, and always thought the RPs I had were good. Plus they seemed to have a good reputation at the time. The only newer RP I've had was a Decade from a B&M about 6-8 months ago and I thought it was good.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    RP has had me lower my head many times. They to me, are like gurkha. I like less from RP though. The vintage 1990, the 208 summer blend and the 2010 summer blend. That's it. I haven't tried much of their new stuff, I sort of stopped trying, as with gurkha. I think they extend themselves too much, though it's just my opinion.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Question: about when (approx date) would you guys say the RP blends changed (i.e. got crappy)? I have a couple RPs left over from my first few c.com orders 2 or more years ago and was curious if they'd be considered original or the 'new-and-unimproved' blends. THey were from around June-September 2009 I guess.

I smoked a bunch when I first started trying to learn more about cigars and had just discovered c.com, and always thought the RPs I had were good. Plus they seemed to have a good reputation at the time. The only newer RP I've had was a Decade from a B&M about 6-8 months ago and I thought it was good.
    2 or more years ago? I think you're safe, those are probably still the tasty batch. I, like others, used to love RP and the 90, 92, Decade and OWR/ OWR Maduro were to die for. Damn I miss those.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Heavy:

2 or more years ago? I think you're safe, those are probably still the tasty batch. I, like others, used to love RP and the 90, 92, Decade and OWR/ OWR Maduro were to die for. Damn I miss those.
    Thanks man. I too really liked the ones you metioned and always liked the Fusion and MM Fusion (double maduro) too even though those 2 always caught a lot of grief. I kinda cut my teeth on them when I was trying to figure out different wrapper types/flavors etc, rather than just smoking randomly like I had for a few years prior.

That Decade I had earlier this year was pretty damn good though, but it was the first/only one I ever had so I have nothing to compare it to. I hear it has changed from a maduro to a sumatra wrapper(?) This one was definitely a maduro so maybe I lucked out and got an original blend.