Home Cigar 101
Options

Need help finding cigars for gifts

I have a group of Navy boys I am taking care of while they are deployed in Afghanistan. I want to send them each a cigar in their Christmas stocking, but know absolutely nothing about cigars. Can I please get some help from those of you that smoke them. More than likely, a mild cigar would be best as not all of them smoke even cigarettes.

Thank you
Marian

Comments

• Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    golfhog1867:
    I have a group of Navy boys I am taking care of while they are deployed in Afghanistan. I want to send them each a cigar in their Christmas stocking, but know absolutely nothing about cigars. Can I please get some help from those of you that smoke them. More than likely, a mild cigar would be best as not all of them smoke even cigarettes. Thank you Marian
    I would consider either a Cohiba or a Padron. They will probably recognize the name.
  • Options
    what about Punch Deluxe? Is this a good cigar? I was at the local cigar shop asking questions and he was directing me kind of towards the Punch.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    golfhog1867:
    what about Punch Deluxe? Is this a good cigar? I was at the local cigar shop asking questions and he was directing me kind of towards the Punch.
    Punch is ok. I always equate Punch with med-full body cigars. I am not familiar with the complete line. The Punch Uppercut is highly rated.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    golfhog1867:
    When you spoke with the person in the cigar shop, did you mention that these guys were most likely new to cigar smoking, and that something a little more mild might be what you are looking for. Punch has a bit more strength than a novice will want to start with. I will throw it out there.... Macanudo. Mild enough for a novice and respected by most long time smokers.
  • Options
    thank you. i will ask them about the Macanudo. I did tell him that many did not smoke cigars much or at all and some smoked cigarettes.
  • Options
    thank you. good information to know.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    As far as mildish cigars that are available in most cigar shops I still like Romeo y Julieta. Yummm.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to your men and to those who support them... I thought bout this for a sec and I would suggest a mild cigar that most would enjoy regardless of their smoking experience, I dont know what kind of budget you are working with, so with that in mind I would suggest the Oliva connecticut, Another great suggestion that was made are the Romeo Y Julieta, Macanudo's are also a good cigar. If you are looking at spending at little more I would suggest an AVO. Thanks Take Care and Go AIR FORCE..;o)
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Buy a box or two of Diesel Unlimited, and split it into fivers
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    montesinos are good too , mild, good
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    CAO La Triviata divino. They can be had quite reasonable and are consistent as they come. Mild enough for most people but some strength for those who want a cigar to taste like their imagination thinks it should taste.