Home Cigar 101
Options

Cheap Soft Flame lighters

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
I have been looking for one for awhile and I just cant seem to find one to pull the trigger on. Any suggestions?
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Bic

lol

but seriously...
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Bic

lol

but seriously...
    Get out of here Todd lol.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Bic

lol

but seriously...
    +1. Too expensive? Baby Bic.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I have a Vertigo pipe lighter, soft flame, bought for $25.00 last year. It works great. I use it for cigars too but because I smoke a pipe I have cut out additional lighters. It is a flint, and looks similar to the IM Corona Old Boy.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have a handful of flint butane lighters from this chinese knockoff company on ebay (a bunch of Dunhill and Dupont knockoffs): http://stores.ebay.com/AHAI006/_i.html?_fsub=12620067
  • Options
    docbp87:
    I have a handful of flint butane lighters from this chinese knockoff company on ebay (a bunch of Dunhill and Dupont knockoffs): http://stores.ebay.com/AHAI006/_i.html?_fsub=12620067
    Im assuming they work pretty well if youre using them Doc? =p
  • Options
    Never had a problem, and at like 15 bucks a piece, if I ever had a problem with one, it would be affordable to replace.
  • Options
    What kind of fuel would you use for them?
  • Options
    I always use XiKar butane in my lighters, because it is what my local carries in large size cans.
  • Options
    Ok cool thanks Doc. As posted in the "What did I get today" Thread our own MTuccelli took it into his own hands to send me a new lighter. Thanks again! And I won a Colibri Barrington on the bid site.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I've got a Xikar Flint flame II that I picked up on a daily deal site for $50, free shipping. It's thin, light weight, easy to handle, works great and I've gotten tons of compliments on it. Plus, it's Xikar, so I know it'll last or I'll send it back and have it replaced.

Word to the wise: only plan on using them when you're going to be smoking indoors. I always bring my torch if I'm smoking outside. The slightest wind will blow a soft flame out every time.