Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Modern Warfare 3...any gamers?

My 9 year old and 11 year old sons recycled and saved their money to be able to buy this game. They preordered it back in June for $60. So it finally came out last night at Midnight. I had to hook them up and let them be there for the release. I didn't get to bed until about 1:30 and had to be up at 4:30 for work today. Shoot, I remember everyone getting the first day of hunting season off school and since my kids don't hunt...I guess they get the first day of release off school. Not needing to sleep, they went straight to the room and started playing at 1:30 this morning and they beat the campaign mode by lunch. I guess thats like getting a buck on the first day. I'd still rather hunt.

Comments

• Options
    I'll be picking it up this weekend. Although I don't think I'll be anywhere near as intense with it.. ;)
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I look forward to this, I am going to be getting it on Steam next payday, I am also looking forward to BF3.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I would have bought it if I had friends that played so I am saving my money for Skyrim instead.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    If you have a 360, buy it. I'll play.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I may buy it if I bonus this month. We shall see.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got it but it is a gift for one of my boys. Probably be a Bday present for my oldest so around December 10th I will be online. I can't wait.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    downloading it now
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I wanna see some reviews first; COD:BO has a bunch of bugs on the PC - all the love went to consoles, so I'm waiting for a bit and hoping MW3 turns out better (also wanna see how BF3 does)
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I play on 360... So far I like it... I was a big Black Ops whorr, so we'll see how this stacks up!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm picking it up probably next week. With the way my schedule is right now I wouldn't get any sleep because I wouldn't be able to not play so yeah lol
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Picked mine up the other day. Only been able to get in about 2 hrs of play time in two days though. Work, kids, you know. I plan on getting some major play time in Fri. and Sat, night though. I'm on PS3, amz1301, I normally play free-for-all. There was some damn kid on there kickin my @ss last night before he said he had to go to bed it was a school night, little f*ckers, lol.
  • Options
    HAHAHA. My dad texted me Tuesday morning and all it said was "COD b***h." No "hello" or "how are you?" No "How is my grand-baby doing?" or even a simple, "Hey son, love you." "COD b***h."

Yep, this is my life.
  • Options
    jasonusa1:
    HAHAHA. My dad texted me Tuesday morning and all it said was "COD b***h." No "hello" or "how are you?" No "How is my grand-baby doing?" or even a simple, "Hey son, love you." "COD b***h."

Yep, this is my life.
    WAIT! You are in NOVA?
  • Options
    Yessir.
  • Options
    jasonusa1:
    Yessir.
    Where at? We have a pretty good sized group that meets up and herfs about once a month now
  • Options
    That sounds awesome. I'm in Manassas, work in Chantilly. Where do you usually meet?
  • Options
    Holy crap! I'm in Bristow and another one of our BORK's is in Manassas. We meet up at people's houses, Hard Times in Manassas, Baileys in Ballston, cigar events at the local shops, etc
  • Options
    Aweome! Let me know.. Drinks, cigars, friendship. What more couled a guy ask for.
  • Options
    For sure. Keep an eye out for the NOVA HERF thread in the general discussion section
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    For sure. Keep an eye out for the NOVA HERF thread in the general discussion section
    Bout time for another one of those aint it??
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Bout time for another one of those aint it??
    I do believe you are correct brother......
  • Options
    Do you guys ever meet during the week or is this typically only on the weekends?
  • Options
    Weekend thing for the most part. Randomly will do it on a weekday every now and again but those are more just a couple of us gettin together to hang out
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    downloading it now
    pirate....wait hook me up....hhrrrhhrrrrhhrrr
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    CvilleE:
    camgfs:
    downloading it now
    pirate....wait hook me up....hhrrrhhrrrrhhrrr
    LOL, I even have the Parrot to put on my shoulder: Mr. Beans