Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Some One talk me down....

Thinking about walking off the job... like right this second.

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Breathe man just breathe.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brother I know that feeling well. What keeps me going is my family.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Look before you make a split decision like that, think about the fact that thanksgiving and christmas are right around the corner. Think about the pros and cons of your decision and who it will effect other than you. Best of luck buddy.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Stephen..Work, stupid bosses, assshole co-workers, can pisss you off , but having no money is worse. Just remember in the end, when they hand you a check, YOU WIN !
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there, Stephen. Just keep reminding yourself that "This, too, shall pass". You've worked too hard to get where you are to let it get the best of you. Good luck, my friend.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Thank you guys... I had to get away from it for awhile.
    Took about a 20 min break.

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Man don't let it get to you. You have great things lined up and this would damage them. Great men in the toughest of times stand up and do what's necessary, they don't falter or quit. And you my friend are a great man and you can make it through anything they're throwing at you!
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Hang in there Stephen, think about that cigar you're gonna have when you get home.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    f*ck it dude------lets go bowling.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    f*ck it dude------lets go bowling.
    Yeah that sounds good.
  • Options
    Hey stephen, are you okay now ? What time do you get to leave today. You should know that your family here is throwing good thoughts your way, and when you know people care about you, the bullshitt is easier to deal with. Oh yeah, and Vulchor wants to take you out bowling. When I was in High School that's what we called ...well, I smoked other things back then.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    No balls!!

Seriously...broke with no income is gonna hurt a hell of a lot worse than any bullshit or a$$hole at work!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Its always better to get fired...you can make it a goal.. That way you can draw unemployment between jobs.. lol.. Just start seriously looking for another company to work for.. Seems youve been unhappy with your job for a little while now.. You may have to take a pay/benefit cut but at least you'll be happier.. But yea the finacial responsibilities like a mortgage, car payment, and all those other things can lock us into a postion that we are unhappy with..Think before you act...
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Hang in there and remember all of those commute cigars you get to smoke going to and fro. I wouldn't have nothing to help me decide what to grab if you quit!
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Hang in there and remember all of those commute cigars you get to smoke going to and fro. I wouldn't have nothing to help me decide what to grab if you quit!
    Oh man I grabbed a few good ones today.

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    stephen_hannibal:
    Thank you guys... I had to get away from it for awhile.
    Took about a 20 min break.

20 min break? Didnt you see Clerks 2? You're supposed to go ride go-karts or have Rosario Dawson dance for you on the roof!

Seriously though, didnt you mention a while back you were looking at a promotion? Hang in there for a while to see if it comes thru (assuming it is still up in the air that is) and you may promote past soem of the BS thats driving you nuts now.

Barring that, DONT just walk out. Give them two minutes notice when you tell them you are moving on to a new position.

With their competition.

For a buttload more money.

MUCH more satisfying than just walking away, believe me. ;-) Keep us posted brother, much love.

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Good vibes your way brother . Think it thru then make the best decision for you and your family . Weigh your options carefully and realistically then make a decision . Hope everything gets better bro , we are here for you !!!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this too, shall pass. In the end, you may want to walk away, but don't do it on a split second decision, and don't do it until you know where you'll land.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I felt like doing the same thing today bro. I don't know what you are dealing with but I thought a promotion/raise was in the works? Find another job before quitting this one is my advice. Good luck bro, if you need anything let me know.
  • Options
    Thanks guys... One of the company rules is that you can't tell a client no.
    Thats come back to bite me more than once.
    I really appreciate the kind words chaps.

• Options
    Hey Stephen, are you in a better place right now. I hope you are home and taking some time to relax and unwind.
  • Options
    Yeah eating bean soup and drinking beer.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Yeah eating bean soup and drinking beer.

See how easy it is to find your happy place.. Who would have thought all it takes is a few legumes.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    Think about the negative impact it could have on your cigar purchases! "ohhhhh, won't someone please think of the cigars"!!!!