Home Cigar 101
Options

"bundling" sticks........tip for fellow noobs

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
So I'm getting ready for bucket humi 2, which will be storing "bundles" of previously loose sticks, anywhere from 4 to 10 sticks in a bundle.
Some of you may want to make your own bundles for your coolerdors, tupperdors, etc.
I have been experimenting a bit, and this is what didn't work.
Rubberbands - problems getting just the right "tension" - too tight indents the sticks (bad!) - too loose and it won't hold. Also, if I do manage to get just the right tension, I know it will eventually lose that tension sooner than later, and get too loose.
Ribbon/string - just difficult to work with (for me anyway) - the ribbon is slippery, and I can't get the right tension with either one, especially when bundling more than 4 sticks.
Zip ties - they work OK, but all those sharp edges bothered me, even with cello on. With cello off?! - forget about zip ties!

This is what I finally discovered to be a good system, for me anyways.
Get some fairly heavy stock printer paper (8 1/2 x 11) and simply cut long strips about 1 to 2 inches wide (depending on the vitola you're bundling).
Now you have a 1 or 2 inch by 11 inch piece of paper to wrap snugly around your bundle, then tape it closed with scotch tape...voila...nice, quick bundle....no stick damage,