Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Gurkah Beauty

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just had my first one and was really impressed. Any recommendations on comparable sticks?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Just had my first one and was really impressed. Any recommendations on comparable sticks?
    I haven't had a smoke that compares to the beauty (I assume the tubed). The turk is creamy and nice. That would be my 2nd favorite creamy smoke.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I hear the Signature 1887 is similar but I have never had one. Also the Signature 1887 has a Habano wrapper and not connie. However the Status has a connie wrapper.
  • Options
    I know a while back I was on a mission to try all the gurkha's. I succeeded mosltly minus the HMR (at that time) and the original black dragon. I tried the 1887's and I wasn't too fond of them. Not bad cigars just not great.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    My favorite mild sticks are still the Ashton Classic and Perdomo Champagne. The EP Carillo Connecticut was a decent mild stick but I'd still go with the first two.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    I hear the Signature 1887 is similar but I have never had one. Also the Signature 1887 has a Habano wrapper and not connie. However the Status has a connie wrapper.

Yeah, the Sig 1887 Habano is fantastic. Probably the most creamiest and tastiest natural wrapper I've enjoyed. Probably due in no small part because of the unique fillers (Peruvian, Indian). It really smokes like a connecticut... a very flavorful one.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feed back guys, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    My favorite mild sticks are still the Ashton Classic and Perdomo Champagne. The EP Carillo Connecticut was a decent mild stick but I'd still go with the first two.
    you know I have yet to have an ashton classic. I've had every other cigar from them... go figure. and now that you mention it their heritage's are pretty tasty.