Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Camacho Liberty 2008

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So anyone have this cigar yet? I was only able to find them in boxes, would like to know what they are like... looks like they are good.

Comments

• Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    My local B&M have them but I have not been able to pony up for one yet either. I want to try one. The owner is thinking about setting some aside for aging then sell them in a few years. Most be pretty good.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I love the liberties. I have not smoked my 08 yet as I am letting it age some, but the 07, 05, and 04 that I had were great. I lucked out and found over a half box each of the 05 and 04 a couple weeks ago. I also have an 02 that I drool over every now and then. Just can't break down and smoke it yet.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive had the 06 and was unimpressed.
  • Options
    Maybe that was a bad year?
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I have had a couple and really liked them. My local B&M still has some left. I can't wait until my head is back to normal so I can enjoy any of my smokes again....
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    Maybe that was a bad year?
    more likely a bad stick. the one i smoked had more than just taste issues.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    One of my local shops has them for almost $22. I picked one up and set it aside to let it age a bit. Though I have considered going back and picking up one to have now.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    One of my local shops has them for almost $22. I picked one up and set it aside to let it age a bit. Though I have considered going back and picking up one to have now.
    holly cow, that's a spendy stick. I wonder what the mark=up is...
  • Options
    ive seen them as low as 16 each.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    My B&M has them, they had 2007's still too. I'll check the price when I'm in there next.
  • Options
    I don't think mine has them, I'll have to look if I can ever get there. still they are sort of spendy.
  • Options
    MSRP is $15 a stick.
  • Options
    so I found some 08's for 13.50 got two, had a 05 for 17 and got one, saw the 02 but didn't get any. Anyone think it would be worth picking up another 05 and two 02's?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    so I found some 08's for 13.50 got two, had a 05 for 17 and got one, saw the 02 but didn't get any. Anyone think it would be worth picking up another 05 and two 02's?
    Well, they can only get better.. and if you like them too much is never enough.
  • Options
    kas, true but specifics man, specifics!! lol
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well, the only way I see it, I hate to smoke a single and then have no back up. So, you need another '05 for sure. With the same buying plan in play, you need two of the '02 as well. You have got to get the '02 because now if you don't, you'll be kicking yourself later. Your plan seems like the ONLY way to go.
  • Options
    How many '02's did they have? I would like to get more of that year.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well, the only way I see it, I hate to smoke a single and then have no back up. So, you need another '05 for sure. With the same buying plan in play, you need two of the '02 as well. You have got to get the '02 because now if you don't, you'll be kicking yourself later. Your plan seems like the ONLY way to go.
    ha, well if you use that logic.... I was hoping that 05 or 02 was a bad year..

From what I could tell they had several 02 left.
  • Options
    PM sent.
  • Options
    replied...
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    So, five years later how did all this play out???

did the B&M age them and then sell them???
    Did you go back and buy the '02 and '05's???

Any of yall still have these on hand and if interested in parting with one, what would you like in return for one? Im not so picky to even ask for two, just one will do. :-)
  • Options
    Long story, I smoked 02 to 2013 over a few days last December and 08 still is my favorite. 02 to 05 are past their prime imo.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the updated story