Home General Discussion
Options

What kind of cigar would you be?

So this morning I was pulling a fresh pair of pants out and noticed on the tag that they said "made in honduras", which made me chuckle and think for a second "so if I was a cigar I'd have a honduran wrapper?" During the day at work I just kind of kept musing on this and decided to start this thread.

Take anything you want... what you're wearing (color, texture, etc...), your skin color (sun grown? shade?), what you ate for lunch (this one could really mix things up! Stick out tongue [:P] )... whatever, really... and use it to come up with a blend for yourself. Maybe if one of them sounds really good we could nudge CCOM into naming a house blend after you! I have to run to get to class, but I'll post my blend when I get back.

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    LMAO. I'd be a presidente, thats for sure, big ring gauge and tall(no dirty intentions I'm 6'1 250) I typically wear dark clothes but I'm a white dude so I'd have to say a corojo or cameroon wrapper and I'd be full bodied with an extra kick in the @ss just for fun. Sounds like an Alec Bradley cigar lol.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like this idea, so I'm gonna go with it.

For starters, I'm somewhat of a thickly built guy, so my ring gauge would be no less than 60, but I'm not short so I'd be 6.5-7 inches long.. I work in the sun a lot, so my wrapper would have to be a spicy Rosado, and to round out the me blend, inside would be a complex mix of fillers that would likely be described as woody and nutty with a bit of espresso thrown in for good measure, and it would be bold and peppery, so much so that you'd have a hard finishing it.

OK, I think I've wrapped myself up in a cigar (pun intended).

Joe
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    inside would be a complex mix of fillers that would likely be described as woody and nutty
    LOL you calling yourself a nut joe?
  • Options
    I do believe I am, yes. What of it? lol :)
  • Options
    Mikey TMikey T Posts: 3
    I'd be a Cohiba Red Dot Toro ... ahhh ... I LIKE me!!
  • Options
    As promised, my blend:

I'm a little above the middle of the line when it comes to build, 5'7" and pretty solid frame... no football player shoulders or anything, though.. so probably I'd be a robusto grande 5.5x55 or so. I wear mostly darker clothes, and am half-Pakistani, so maybe a Sumatran maduro wrapper? Then again I look pretty much like a well-tanned white dude, so maybe barber-pole that and a Connecticut sun-grown wrapper? Throw in some ligero filler for my energetic, playful, active and rough-and-tumble side, but balance it out with some milder... let's say Dominican and Nicaraguan... for my everyday laid-back side.

Maybe make me a box-pressed stogie for being a square... heh...
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I think we should ship the Joe blend in a nice padded box. Only place one at a time in the box, though, more could be volitile ;)
  • Options
    Bsneed51Bsneed51 Posts: 22
    A NUB with the connecticut wrapper.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    I think we should ship the Joe blend in a nice padded box. Only place one at a time in the box, though, more could be volitile ;)
    HAHA, make sure you wrap it tightly too. Wouldn't want it getting damaged :).
  • Options
    Bsneed51:
    A NUB with the connecticut wrapper.
    LOL!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    HAHA, make sure you wrap it tightly too. Wouldn't want it getting damaged :).
    Actually joe I figured you'd ahve a really loose draw because you weren't wrapped tight ;)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think i would be a camacho havanna. im light colored and i look unassuming. but once i get going i am very strong willed and a bit overbearing. If you listen to my BS long enough youll get sick to your stomach. ...yet some how i leave you wanting more.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    So he's one of those ones that come individually in the little tiny cedar boxes inside the big box?
  • Options
    Boooooooooriiiiiing... I meant your own blend, not matching yourself to an existing blend. If I wanted to match you to an existing blend I'd make one of those personality quizzes all the kids are putting on their blag things while listening to their rock 'n' roll way too daggone loudly.
  • Options
    gott.des.feuer:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    So he's one of those ones that come individually in the little tiny cedar boxes inside the big box?
    I like that thought. My blend is so special it is shipped in its own personal coffin box... nice.
  • Options
    LMAO... yep... special... :P
  • Options
    A padded coffin for Joe. Should it be all cedar or do you need a window joe?
  • Options
    Joe you're getting expensive.
  • Options
    phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    Good thread guys; gets the brain cells working.

Well I just happen to be my favorite cigar type. A Por Larranaga Petit Corona. I am not a big guy (5'6" 180) and usually tan, but not dark in complextion. I am really easy going and strive to please. But deep down inside I am really complex and there is a lot too me. And just like the cigar; I get better with age.
    -Dave
  • Options
    mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    madurofan:
    Joe you're getting expensive.

Yeah Joe, you are getting expensive. Lets see, A "very special" blend of nutty fillers and woody binders, a exceptionally aged wrapper (that was my own joke, and I dont know you Joe), extra padded coffin box (with a window), individually wrapped inside a bigger box.

As for me, I am fairly tall 6'1", and have much broader shoulders than lower body, so perhaps a 6" -7" Piramid. If you dont know me, I may be a bit reserved with you at first. Of course once I open up, its game on. I've also been accused of having a sweet side. I also love the sun and beach so lets say i'd have a mix of Dominican and Nicuraguan fillers, bound by a sun grown leaf and wrapper from lets say,... I dont know somewhere. Oh yeah, and I'd be complex. No one could read me like a book. ha ha.

• Options
    mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    Sorry guys...... I just read every thing I wrote again, and I swear I was trying to describe myself as a cigar, and it totally sounds like a personal ad... he he.
  • Options
    phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    mikalsan:
    Sorry guys...... I just read every thing I wrote again, and I swear I was trying to describe myself as a cigar, and it totally sounds like a personal ad... he he.
    What's your sign big fella?
  • Options
    carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Well an already made cigar I would have to go with a A. Fuente Anejo #77. But in my fantasy world I would have mix up my 2 favorite cigar brands- A. Fuente and Padron. So I would go with maybe some Nicaragan domanate with a little bit of Dominican filler and binder and wrap it all up with Cameroon wrapper to sweeten things up a little bit. Man it would awesome to be a cigar maker and get to play around with all the ideas in your head to see what works and what doesn't huh. Talk about a dream job.