Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

cg:4 illusione

2»

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Durn. That's a shame, maduro. On occasions like that, the only solution is to smoke another cigar. ;)

And I did a Punch champion. Which made up for it :)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i finally smoked the cg4 yesterday.
    I also reread this thread. the impression i got out of the thread is that the line has consistancy issues with construction.
    ...i must have got a bad one.

i thought that the taste was off. it had this bitter almost harshness to it. the bun was uneven at best. I had this very bad taste in my mouth the rest of the day and i even brushed my teeth twice. ...
    overall i gave it a 7.9. and since consistancy is a quality i like ( i wanna be able to pick up a smoke and have a very good chance that its not a dud) I doubt ill get another one.

im not sure im gunna post the full review online, you got all of the highlights here.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kuzi, if I pm you my email, would you mind emailing your taste wheel my way? That sounds like something I could benefit from as I'm still fairly inept at identifying a particular taste except to say " I like that" or "I don't like that".
    Me too, kuzi...if you are still sending that out. I find my rating system consists of

Blech! (tastes like s***)

meh (definately unimpressed, but I'll smoke it anyway, cause I hate tobacco abuse [read "wastage"])

hmmm (the maybe version, mouth turned down, eyebrows raised, pleasantly surprised)

Mmmmm (the good yummy version, kind of comfortable sounding, look for more in the humi)

Wow!! (eyes open wide, stunned amazement at flavors, plot to sneak more money from the wife to buy a box)

And there is Russell's Rating System (insert copyright symbol here) :P
  • Options
    Smoke=Fire:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi, if I pm you my email, would you mind emailing your taste wheel my way? That sounds like something I could benefit from as I'm still fairly inept at identifying a particular taste except to say " I like that" or "I don't like that".
    Me too, kuzi...if you are still sending that out. I find my rating system consists of

meh (definately unimpressed, but I'll smoke it anyway, cause I hate tobacco abuse [read "wastage"])

hmmm (the maybe version, mouth turned down, eyebrows raised, pleasantly surprised)

Mmmmm (the good yummy version, kind of comfortable sounding, look for more in the humi)

Wow!! (eyes open wide, stunned amazement at flavors, plot to sneak more money from the wife to buy a box)

LMAO!!!!!! That is great, do i have your permission the use the Russell Rating System from time to time?
  • Options
    kuz, I think you're right about consistency with this line and sorry I sent you a bad stick but when you smoke a good stick from this line you'll be in love. The burn and its ability to hold its ash are both issues that come with every illusione.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Smoke=Fire:
    j0z3r:

LMAO!!!!!! That is great, do i have your permission the use the Russell Rating System from time to time?
    I put it out there publicly, it is up for grabs my man, just make sure you put "RRS" so folks know the scale you are using :P

I'll just take a royalty for each use :D 1 God of Fire per quote :P
  • Options
    LMAO ... I'll make sure to run out and get a box of GoF's to be ready.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kuz, I think you're right about consistency with this line and sorry I sent you a bad stick but when you smoke a good stick from this line you'll be in love. The burn and its ability to hold its ash are both issues that come with every illusione.
    you didnt dig through them and go "this one looks bad" and then pack it off to me.
    it happens from time to time. im sure i would like it more had there not been issues. no worries though.
  • Options
    Yea I smoked another '88' the other day and it had some issues.
  • Options
    after talking to the guy at my local shop im gunna give these another shot.
    Im gunna be very tentative about it though. a first impression is hard to break
  • Options
    I gave up on it after getting more bad than good sticks. The cg4 is very good when everything goes right. I've since been told though, that despite what the creator of this cigar says they need some rest possibly age.