Home Cigar 101
Options

Another New guy With a question or two

2»

Comments

• Options
    brettdub33brettdub33 Posts: 56
    I would start buying some samplers... best way to get a good variaty of quality cigars and some value point smokes... and when I started it helped with narrowing down the types of cigars I like to smoke, and dont worie your palate will become more developed the more you venture out and try some variety.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    My preference for them goes like this (from most liked to least liked): Brazillia, Italia, Mx2, Gold, Gold maddy.
    I have to agree with BigT06 by far the Brazilia GOL! is the best out of the bunch if you like a good Madoro the MX2 is not bad but stick to the la Gloria Cubana Sere # six
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    brettdub33:
    BigT06:
    My preference for them goes like this (from most liked to least liked): Brazillia, Italia, Mx2, Gold, Gold maddy.
    I have to agree with BigT06 by far the Brazilia GOL! is the best out of the bunch if you like a good Madoro the MX2 is not bad
    interesting. i think i am one of the few that like the Italia better than the Brazilia.

a well aged Italia is fantastic.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    brettdub33:
    BigT06:
    I have to agree with BigT06 by far the Brazilia GOL! is the best out of the bunch if you like a good Madoro the MX2 is not bad
    interesting. i think i am one of the few that like the Italia better than the Brazilia.

a well aged Italia is fantastic.
    I do like the Italia A LOT... but to be honest my Favorite CAO is the CX2 unfortunately they are made exclusively for Famous Smoke Shop :( so they may not last long. Have you had one? and if so I wonder if I can find them anywhere else> and of course the VISION but they already decided to discontinue the line wich is a mistake they just need to get rid of that useless humi they come in... bur again The Italia is a great stick, havent had one in a while and need to ger a five pack.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I figured id bump up my old thread instead of starting another to ask another couple of questions; where is a good place to get beads? and what do yall think about these cigars-

5 Vegas Gold Series Robusto
    Bahia Blu E652 Torpedo
    Graycliff ’G2’ Pirate (torpedo)
    Gurkha’s Park Avenue Series 44 Churchill
    Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toro Maduro
    Oliva Serie ’O’ Robusto
    Puros Indios Viejo Maduro Toro
    Rocky Patel ’R4’ Corojo Double Corona

i ordered a sampler that included them, mostly because i wanted to try the 5 vegas gold, Gurkha Park Avenue, and the Graycliff G2.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I can't speak for any of these...some similar ones I like though is the 5Vegas Gold Maduro and the Oliva V series in any size. For sure you will do well with those although the V series is a bit more full flavored. But if you liked the CAO VR you will love them I would think. As for Rocky, I only smoke Patel Bros original bland which for sure is full bodied.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    I figured id bump up my old thread instead of starting another to ask another couple of questions; where is a good place to get beads? and what do yall think about these cigars-

5 Vegas Gold Series Robusto
    Bahia Blu E652 Torpedo
    Graycliff ’G2’ Pirate (torpedo)
    Gurkha’s Park Avenue Series 44 Churchill
    Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toro Maduro
    Oliva Serie ’O’ Robusto
    Puros Indios Viejo Maduro Toro
    Rocky Patel ’R4’ Corojo Double Corona

i ordered a sampler that included them, mostly because i wanted to try the 5 vegas gold, Gurkha Park Avenue, and the Graycliff G2.
    It's all going to be a matter of your taste.. We all started somewhere, searching for what pleases us individually, You may like something that i don't. You have some decent sticks there to start with and your collection it is sure to grow! Beads there are lots of posts about beads. heartfelt beads is what i use but other are out there, again it comes down to preference, I do carry all the graycliffs, and the oliva V, O and some Rocky Patel decades, and 5 Vegas gold for the morning are always on hand..
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I'll say this: the 5 Vegas Gold was a fave when I picked up cigars as a hobby. If you find that you like its flavor profile (I found it to be toast, cedar) then you may want to check out the Gold Maduro too. It's a really nice midpoint between mild cigars and those with a little more kick, not that it's super strong or anything.
  • Options
    JudoChinX:
    I'll say this: the 5 Vegas Gold was a fave when I picked up cigars as a hobby. If you find that you like its flavor profile (I found it to be toast, cedar) then you may want to check out the Gold Maduro too. It's a really nice midpoint between mild cigars and those with a little more kick, not that it's super strong or anything.
    thats the one im really tempted to go light up right now (it shipped to my door in a day and a half and has been in the coolidor for 10 hours so im guessing its fine)
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    Gibs, I'm a newbie too and can say the I enjoyed the 5 Vegas Gold & Bahia Blu.
    Also, the Graycliff G2 wasn't bad but I wasn't impressed with it. If you like the Graycliff though and want to try more, I'd suggest the Graycliff sampler. The 1666 was the best one out of the bunch IMO.

Also, I sent you a PM on a good place to get beads from.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    taythegibs:
    Gibs, I'm a newbie too and can say the I enjoyed the 5 Vegas Gold & Bahia Blu.
    Also, the Graycliff G2 wasn't bad but I wasn't impressed with it. If you like the Graycliff though and want to try more, I'd suggest the Graycliff sampler. The 1666 was the best one out of the bunch IMO.

Also, I sent you a PM on a good place to get beads from.

thanks
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    all this talk of 5vegas has me wanting a AAA... Im almost drooling thinking about the chocolate smell and cocoa and pepper tastes.
    as for beads: Cat litter!
  • Options
    Krieger:
    all this talk of 5vegas has me wanting a AAA... Im almost drooling thinking about the chocolate smell and cocoa and pepper tastes.
    as for beads: Cat litter!
    ive read about using certain kinds but i dont want to be storing cigars with the same stuff my cat pees in....
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    It's all silica sand. as long as its not scented, your golden. Ive used it for a while now and zero issues.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey i also have just recently started smoking cigars.i find the cigar.com brands priced well and are an excellent smoke.i also googled cigar stores in my area and found alot more than i thought i would.and then just do the leg work.i have an abc liquor store near me with a walkin humidor and some great prices..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    taythegibs:
    ... its too big)...
    NO SUCH THING!!!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    hey i also have just recently started smoking cigars.i find the cigar.com brands priced well and are an excellent smoke.i also googled cigar stores in my area and found alot more than i thought i would.and then just do the leg work.i have an abc liquor store near me with a walkin humidor and some great prices..
    That's great bro, it's always nice to be able to cop a few gars when your shopping for a spirit. Only bad thing is usually the people working there don't know much about cigars since spirits are their main busisness.
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    taythegibs:
    ... its too big)...
    NO SUCH THING!!!

yeah, yeah, yeah.....but in my defense the lid broke off of that one!