Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Canada Funny Money ???

Was reading about the new Canadian currency being a plastic polymer (?) . Phasing in different denominations I believe . My question was does this stuff bend/flexible enough to go in your wallet . I read contradicting statements : one said was hard to do and another said yes it would fit fine .

What say our Canadian BOTL's , have you guys had any experience with it yet and thoughts / comments ? Just curious .

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I saw that on yahoo yesterday, looks weird.
    How would it hold up to being washed?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    roland_7707:

According to what I read it holds up much better than the paper and cotton money to being washed because its so much like plastic . Just wonder how it fits and bends in a standard mens wallet/billfold ?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    roland_7707:

According to what I read it holds up much better than the paper and cotton money to being washed because its so much like plastic . Just wonder how it fits and bends in a standard mens wallet/billfold ?
    From what I have seen Gene it is very flexible. They have just woven some polymer fibers into the "paper" to make it stronger and it will stand up to getting wet too. It is supposed to last a lot longer then regular bills and apparently because of the polymer fibers they have introduced some new fancy security features into them as well. Right now the $100 are out, with the $50 to follow in a couple of months and more as time goes on.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    roland_7707:

From what I have seen Gene it is very flexible. They have just woven some polymer fibers into the "paper" to make it stronger and it will stand up to getting wet too. It is supposed to last a lot longer then regular bills and apparently because of the polymer fibers they have introduced some new fancy security features into them as well. Right now the $100 are out, with the $50 to follow in a couple of months and more as time goes on.

Ahhh got it . Thanks Doug .