Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Excellent Lanceros

Looking for suggestions on some good lanceros. I've been on a big lancero kick lately and have only tried a few but I've really enjoyed what I have tried. I've only had the Triunfador OR, PDR Blue, Illusione HL Nat. And maduro. Any others u guys think are great (especially ones that arnt impossible to find)?

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    Looking for suggestions on some good lanceros. I've been on a big lancero kick lately and have only tried a few but I've really enjoyed what I have tried. I've only had the Triunfador OR, PDR Blue, Illusione HL Nat. And maduro. Any others u guys think are great (especially ones that arnt impossible to find)?
    Evan, since you have done the Illusione HL Nat & Maddy, you need to do the Candela. Also the Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero is pretty exellent.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    bandyt09:
    t_evan50:
    Evan, since you have done the Illusione HL Nat & Maddy, you need to do the Candela. Also the Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero is pretty exellent.
    My b&m has the candela. I need to try one for sure. And yea I forgot about the black PL. Its def. One of my favorite cigars let alone a lancero. Thanks bandy.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    LFD DL natural and Cameroon. My Father (with 2+years)
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The My Father that Joe is referring to is the #4 size from the original blend (at least I think that's the one he was talking about) and it is a mind melting smoke. Also the DPG Blue lancero that Isaac mentioned in another thread.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Charlie at The Cigar Feed did a series of 50 lancero reviews recently. Here's a link to the list: The Lancero50
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have boxes of RP The Edge for $49.99 at Corona on occasion and it is a heck of a deal. I hit on some maduros and they are pretty tasty. You can even clip them in half for two quick smokes.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Charlie at The Cigar Feed did a series of 50 lancero reviews recently. Here's a link to the list: The Lancero50
    That's awesome. Thanks for the link doc.
  • Options
    Padron Lancero/Panetela is top notch.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I said it on another thread, but it deserves to be added here, too...

San Cristobal lancero is top notch. So is the DPG blue lancero. I also like the Oliva Serie V lancero... and from what I hear, the LP40 is supposed to be ****... but unfortunately I've not tried that one yet... YET. lol
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Unthought_Known:
    Padron Lancero/Panetela is top notch.
    Lancero's aren't really my thing (I'm too impatient to take care of them like you need to while smoking) but I have to give a thumbs up here to the padron long and skinnys. The Palmas (not quite a lancero) can be had for a song and the maduros especially have big time flavor.

Also I recently smoked a Kristoff Sumatra Lancero and it was solid.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Nice link, doc. Of all the lanceros I've had on that list I would agree with all their ratings and reviews. The airbender was a particularly disappointing vitola which was their opinion as well. The My Father rocks, also their conclusion.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions you guys. Im currently working on a list to make up a sampler as a gift for myself for christmas. Gunna be a long list.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    There was a San Cristobal/La Aroma de Cuba Lancero sampler available for a while. 5 of each. Superior smokes.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I just found out 262 is coming out with a Lancero for the Paradigm.
  • Options
    KCW:
    I just found out 262 is coming out with a Lancero for the Paradigm.
    No ****? Awesome! I love the paradigm. I'll be looking for that release for sure.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the lfd airbender lancero is ver good as well.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    kuzi16:
    the lfd airbender lancero is ver good as well.
    +1 if christmas wasnt so close id buy a box