Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

AJ's Signature Collection Salomons

Anyone try these before? The Beard is sprinkling pixie dust on me.

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing. My order hasn't even shipped yet and I'm already planning my next one...
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have smoked a few sizes of the old release. There was a run with Sumatra wrappers that I thought were far superior. Had a couple of Lanceros and Salamones with the Sumatra wrapper. Hoping that the Sumatra wrapper comes back.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    This one is said to have a "Dark Habano" wrapper. Tim is pushing it.
  • Options
    The sister site has a write-up that says they're mild and creamy. I'm not really looking for humongous milds but I have a feeling they're worth the price all day long.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    What kind of price are they going at sounds like something I would love
  • Options
    Teege:
    What kind of price are they going at sounds like something I would love
    you have a pm
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    The sister site has a write-up that says they're mild and creamy. I'm not really looking for humongous milds but I have a feeling they're worth the price all day long.
    The old blend was definitely not mild. Creamy, and smooth, sure that would be appropriate, but they were solidly medium, even medium plus in body.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had AJ Signature series, but the band was different, darker, brown or maybe black. Are these the same blend? Or something completely different? If they're the same, I'm in agreement with docbp87 on the description, and will probably be hitting on the deal, if it can be delayed a day or two.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    It was an email titled "Bringing back an AJ Fernandez Classic for you!"
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    It was an email titled "Bringing back an AJ Fernandez Classic for you!"
    and i thought i was the only special one chosen,lol,, i thought about it but im working on something else with the mighty bearded one and + i have a few other things going, i need help,lol
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    I've had AJ Signature series, but the band was different, darker, brown or maybe black. Are these the same blend? Or something completely different? If they're the same, I'm in agreement with docbp87 on the description, and will probably be hitting on the deal, if it can be delayed a day or two.
    I believe it is supposed to be. Never know though, until someone tries them. Does Cabbie still post here/read the board? He used to be obsessed with those things, and could probably tell us just by the way they feel in the hand if they are the same as the old ones.
  • Options
    I pulled the trigger on a box. If anyone would like to try one, let me know.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    I pulled the trigger on a box. If anyone would like to try one, let me know.
    sure, pm sent
  • Options
    rick hooked me up today with a couple and some rare friends with them, awesome bork!, thanks, rick ! image
  • Options
    ROTT I'm getting dark chocolate and black pepper, I think a few weeks and these will be quite good!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    ROTT I'm getting dark chocolate and black pepper, I think a few weeks and these will be quite good!
    Sounds darker, maybe heavier than the old ones.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Sounds darker, maybe heavier than the old ones.
    May also be the size, or the fact that I was pairing it with some 4 Roses bourbon and that exaggerated it a little. I'm happy, either way.

• Options
    This has mellowed out considerably with just a week or so in the humi, still lot's of chocolate, pepper comes on much later now.

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've burned through 12 or so of these and I have to say they are way better with age (if it's the same as the old blend). Might have to burn one sometime during the holidays to see how a year or so has treated them.