Home Cigar 101
Options

Who not to buy from....

not looking for recommendations here( defianately wouldnt want to use one site to promote another).
with so many options out there, just wondering which ones(if any) should be avoided like the plague..

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Buy from ccom.. there's a special surprise waiting for you at checkout.. pick that up, too.
  • Options
    fitchfitch Posts: 5

mustluvcigars:
    not looking for recommendations here( defianately wouldnt want to use one site to promote another).
    Guess title should be who not buy from...?
    with so many options out there, just wondering which ones(if any) should be avoided like the plague..

I would steer on the side of caution when buying cigars online. I have found that cigar.com has the best reputation, customer service and they offer aggressive pricing. I couldn't be happier with a cigar company. I plan on growing my collection here and only here.

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Ccom is my go to when I order online. Stay away from Thompson.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    ditto =)
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    I'll second that one! I buy from a couple online sites but not Thompson!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    That's not the first time I have heard that about Thompson. Is there a reason for that other than their house blends being crap?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    alienmisprint:
    madurofan:
    That's not the first time I have heard that about Thompson. Is there a reason for that other than their house blends being crap?
    Google, Thompson. All reviews say that their customer service sucks. Sometimes, you order one thing and they ship you something different. Etc....
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    alienmisprint:
    madurofan:
    Google, Thompson. All reviews say that their customer service sucks. Sometimes, you order one thing and they ship you something different. Etc....
    hence my question in the CSI thread
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    alienmisprint:
    madurofan:
    That blows. I will definately be staying away from them then.
  • Options
    They are famous for the bait and switch. I ordered a sampler from them and only received one cigar in the 20 cigar sampler that was listed in it when I ordered. When I called to find out why they told me to refer to their policy. Basically everything is subject to availablity and they reserve the right to swap cigars in all their samplers.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Oh man , Maddy , I would have been steamed-what a ripoff-obviously customer service is not something they recognize as instrumental in their survival as a company .....I and proably a lot of others would not bother with going to their sight after reading the comments here! Long live CCOM
  • Options
    Not to mention Thompson is **** annoying and they take forever to ship. I'll stick with Ccom.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Oh man , Maddy , I would have been steamed-what a ripoff-obviously customer service is not something they recognize as instrumental in their survival as a company .....I and proably a lot of others would not bother with going to their sight after reading the comments here! Long live CCOM
    Yea two of the cigars that were added to the sampler were Macanudo's. The guys argument, "they retail for more than the cigars they replaced."
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i dont even say the "T" word.

bad karma....

damn lizard
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Dude Love:
    Not to mention Thompson is **** annoying and they take forever to ship. I'll stick with Ccom.
    I'll second that, I ordered from them 1 time, will NOT ever do it again. Ccom is awesome.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    A friend of mine ordered a sampler as a gift for me from the T site. Half of the sticks were substituted for cheaper house brands. Nice on his part as a friend, bad on the T site. There are only 3 places I will order smokes from online. ccom is one of them.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    brc81:
    A friend of mine ordered a sampler as a gift for me from the T site. Half of the sticks were substituted for cheaper house brands. Nice on his part as a friend, bad on the T site. There are only 3 places I will order smokes from online. ccom is one of them.
    only two for me. this is one of them. more likely now that they have the one day deal going. that will be enough to push me over to buy more.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    3 main sites for me and maybe 2 more for stuff I can't get at the other 3. Recently it has been 85%ccom, and the other 15 percent go to the other sites.
  • Options
    anyone order a box from thompson? I ask cause they are like the only ones that have an item..
  • Options
    Pheebs are you going Grail hunting?
  • Options
    no wheelie is, but I might be dragon hunting...
  • Options
    Gotcha
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I use 3 sites for cigars. If I'm buying accessories, I'll widen my view a bit.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Looks like all pretty much agree on not buying from T, but are there any others to specifically avoid? I'll definitely keep the bulk of my purchases with ccom, but there are a couple of things I want that they don't carry. PM is fine if you'd rather not post in public. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options

madurofan:
    They are famous for the bait and switch. I ordered a sampler from them and only received one cigar in the 20 cigar sampler that was listed in it when I ordered. When I called to find out why they told me to refer to their policy. Basically everything is subject to availablity and they reserve the right to swap cigars in all their samplers.

I placed a order with them before I read this post and was going crazy waiting on the package to get here and sure enough it took forever to ship and the sampler had two swaped smokes I am soooooooooo POd screw them and the junk they sell.

On Monday I placed my first order with Cigar.com and I am not worried at all with all the good things yall say about Cigar.com I am sure all will be good.

Thanks Lance

• Options
    Well I can say that I braved the T place and got the box I actually ordered. Had to call to get info on tracking but the person on the phone was nice.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Never tried the T site. I have taken a peek, but never pulled the trigger. I was using three, got down to two, but 90% of my orders, as of late, is coming from here. I really like dealing with Tim.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Im with tumbler on this one. I also get about 90% of my cigars from Ccom. As a cotm member the 10% off every day and the daily deals are amazing. I have also talked with Tim and he's a great guy to deal with.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    T Blows! Most of my stuff comes from here or occasionally the b&m, just to try and keep em employed. I'm on a crap ton of mailing lists and if i find a smoking deal(HA!) i'll order from them but usually thats it.
  • Options
    kevster77kevster77 Posts: 68
    When I first started to smoke I used T. a few times, wasn't that impressed. searched for a cigar sight on google and c.com came up first and thats what I have stuck with. orders come quick and I actually get what I ordered. I actually canceled the free catalog from T. no need for it.