Home General Discussion
Options

Miami F-L-A

Good news fellas - I will be taking a trip to Miami next month! Even better, my schedule will be such that I will have some free time during the day to take in the town. Considering what the "M" in ISOM stands for, Im guessing there should be some very cool cigar-related stuff to take in and would love some suggestions regarding that, other cultural attractions and some good places to eat or food ideas there. Thanks for your help in advance! :-)

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glen, I will be in FLA next week. Nov 30 - Dec 8. I think I only have one day in Miami but I will check when it is. I know Ill be hitting Pepin's place, duh, and probably Berger & Argenti since they are on 7th Street, I believe. I may look into checking out Cuban Crafters also. Let me know what you are interested in and Ill try to get as much info as I can.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the cuban crafters right near the airport is actually very nice. they have a bar in the back smoking lounge. had a good night there once with some very big people in the biz.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    bandyt09:
    Glen, I will be in FLA next week. Nov 30 - Dec 8. I think I only have one day in Miami but I will check when it is. I know Ill be hitting Pepin's place, duh, and probably Berger & Argenti since they are on 7th Street, I believe. I may look into checking out Cuban Crafters also. Let me know what you are interested in and Ill try to get as much info as I can.
    I suppose this is exactly the sort of info Im after - never been to Miami before, so I dont know whats down there to get into. Didnt know Pepin was down there, didnt know B&A was there and never even thought about Cuban Crafters - and I dont want to miss anything while Im in town if I can make it.

Also thanks for the tip on Cuban Crafters kuzi, will be sure to take it in either going down or coming back. :-)

Keep em coming boys!

• Options
    The Sniper:
    bandyt09:
    I suppose this is exactly the sort of info Im after - never been to Miami before, so I dont know whats down there to get into. Didnt know Pepin was down there, didnt know B&A was there and never even thought about Cuban Crafters - and I dont want to miss anything while Im in town if I can make it.

Also thanks for the tip on Cuban Crafters kuzi, will be sure to take it in either going down or coming back. :-)

Keep em coming boys!

Glen, google Calle Ocho in Miami. It is also known as Little Havana. Somd great cuban food down there. Pepin's place is called El Rey de los Hababos and what used to be EPC's La Gloria Cubana shop was, I believe, a couple of doors down. My understanding is, for cigar purposes, Calle Ocho is an all day event. I will try to get more info in the next couple of days for you.

When are you heading out?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    El Rey de Los Habanos is supposed to be cool, but don't go there expecting to really buy anything. Apparently they have maybe one or two cabinet style humidors of singles for sale. It's more about seeing the awesome little factory where so many amazing brands were born (Don Pepin Garcia, El Rey de Los Habanos, Tatuaje, (lots of) Padilla, 601, etc.)
  • Options
    docbp87:
    El Rey de Los Habanos is supposed to be cool, but don't go there expecting to really buy anything. Apparently they have maybe one or two cabinet style humidors of singles for sale. It's more about seeing the awesome little factory where so many amazing brands were born (Don Pepin Garcia, El Rey de Los Habanos, Tatuaje, (lots of) Padilla, 601, etc.)
    Visiting the factory that truly started my downfall is the main reason I am going to check it out. Also hoping for the opportunity to watch some of the master rollers at work. I believe there are 12 rollers there but they are all top level rollers.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    bandyt09:
    docbp87:
    Visiting the factory that truly started my downfall is the main reason I am going to check it out. Also hoping for the opportunity to watch some of the master rollers at work. I believe there are 12 rollers there but they are all top level rollers.
    Yeah, that's what I've heard. It's a tiny little hole in the wall place, that is responsible for some big movers and shakers in the industry.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    That's EXACTLY what I'm after doc. I can buy cigars just about anywhere, but there are only so many places you can see how they're made.