Home General Discussion

Another Forum Newb introduction

Hello all. I can't believe it took me so long to find the forums. I feel like I have missed out on so much.

Basic bio:
Name: Charles McNeely (most people call me Mack)
Home: Virginia Beach, VA
Cigar Store: Emersons

That's the basics. I am currently deployed on what will end up being just short of the longest Naval deployment ever. The record was set during WW2. Right before I left, one of my friends gave me an AVO, and I was hooked. I grabbed a Xikar 10 ct travel humidor for my rack, and randomly grabbed some sticks.

Shortly after that, I found CCOM and signed up for the COTM. I have been going a little crazy with it since, and have had to buy the desktop jar in order to keep up with the number of sticks I have been ordering.

And just the other day, I was googling "How to season a humidor" and I thought "Hey, I should see if there is anything on CCOM about that." Now I found the forums and have been pouring over them for the last few days. I figured it was time to introduce myself.

At any rate, hello to you all. This seems like a great forum, I'm glad to be on board finally.

Current Favorites
Obsidian
MoW Puro
Alec Bradley Prensado

Comments

• spokspok Posts: 35
    Hello n Howdy. Thanks for your service. Welcome aboard, just joined recently myself and found this to be quite the friendly place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hi Mack and welcome to the forums. Thank you for your service, it's very much appreciated and I hope you make it home soon.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard bro .
  • Glad to have you and thanks for your service. Welcome to your new obsession.
  • Welcome to the boards, hope you stay for awhile.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spok:
    Hello n Howdy. Thanks for your service. Welcome aboard, just joined recently myself and found this to be quite the friendly place.
    x2, and emersons i have done bidness with, they seem to be great folks, welcome!
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Welcome Mack...
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard, Mack. Get home safe, we will be waiting for you.....
  • Thanks all.
    It's refreshing to receive such a nice welcome. I feel like I have just expanded my social circle exponentially. At the minimum I have a new crop of people to talk to instead of just Sailors, Marines, and my wife.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome brother, sounds like you got the cigar bug allright. Well you've come to the right place.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mack welcome and thank you. You have found a great place full of outstanding people. You will see !
  • Great group of guys here, welcome and soak it all in.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. And thank you for your service.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Always good to see another service member around! Welcome to the Asylum!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiffy78:
    Hello all. I can't believe it took me so long to find the forums. I feel like I have missed out on so much.

Basic bio:
    Name: Charles McNeely (most people call me Mack)
    Home: Virginia Beach, VA
    Cigar Store: Emersons

That's the basics. I am currently deployed on what will end up being just short of the longest Naval deployment ever. The record was set during WW2. Right before I left, one of my friends gave me an AVO, and I was hooked. I grabbed a Xikar 10 ct travel humidor for my rack, and randomly grabbed some sticks.

Shortly after that, I found CCOM and signed up for the COTM. I have been going a little crazy with it since, and have had to buy the desktop jar in order to keep up with the number of sticks I have been ordering.

And just the other day, I was googling "How to season a humidor" and I thought "Hey, I should see if there is anything on CCOM about that." Now I found the forums and have been pouring over them for the last few days. I figured it was time to introduce myself.

At any rate, hello to you all. This seems like a great forum, I'm glad to be on board finally.

Current Favorites
    Obsidian
    MoW Puro
    Alec Bradley Prensado
    Welcome Charles!! First off, above all else thank you for your sacrifice and service, if not for people like you we would not be enjoying this hobby as it is and this life now, so thank you!! Second, welcome to the forums and d@mn glad to have you with us brother! Enjoy your passion and it sounds like you already have the bug lol. Great pick of favs by the way, those are some of mine and the other vets favs as well ;) Last question is, any way I could get your addy?? PM me your info for either how I can get those to you when you are active or when you get back stateside.. Just saying you might enjoy what happens when you PM me your intel ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • bdmauk24bdmauk24 Posts: 74
    Welcome to forum, Mack. We appreciate your service. You've found a great place to help you enjoy your new hobby.
  • Welcome aboard. You'll love it here. A lot of good people. Nowhere better.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Welcome! May you soon graduate to large stacks of coolers brim full of fine smokes. The COM as of late have had some very good specimens.
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Welcome to the madness!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome the the family Mack!!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Welcome and thanks for your service.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I'll second that tip of the hat and a thanks for your service and sacrifice. I'm new to this forum, too, even though I've been a cigar.com customer for some time. After reading through some of these threads, it seems like a pretty nice place. So, without further eloquence, I'd like to say hello everybody, I look forward to getting to know this place a little better.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome from Colorado!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, Mac, and thanks for your service to the country! Beware who you send your address to, though, that cigar jar might get tight quickly, lol
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Welcome, Mac, and thanks for your service to the country! Beware who you send your address to, though, that cigar jar might get tight quickly, lol
    haha, on a side note...then you'll just have to smoke more (win win in my book)! Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Welcome. I love those MOW Puro's. Thanks for your service!!!

Rob
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service, first off. Secondly, there is so much to learn about cigars, and tobacco in general, that the vast information available here on these forums is like the tip of the iceberg, but it really is an awesome place. If anything, beyond the knowledge of cigars around here, this is an awesome place to learn how tight knit the cigar community is, and how generous (and sometimes crazy) folks get when around other cigar enthusiasts (see the bombing that goes on in the trading section)! Welcome, and enjoy!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    docbp87:
    Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service, first off. Secondly, there is so much to learn about cigars, and tobacco in general, that the vast information available here on these forums is like the tip of the iceberg, but it really is an awesome place. If anything, beyond the knowledge of cigars around here, this is an awesome place to learn how tight knit the cigar community is, and how generous (and sometimes crazy) folks get when around other cigar enthusiasts (see the bombing that goes on in the trading section)! Welcome, and enjoy!
    this!

Welcome!