Home Cigar 101

Humidor advise needed.

I have some B-day money to get my first humidor. After doing some review I like the Daniel Marshall humidor. Looking to stay under $500, but also don't want to pay for a name. I also had someone recommend Prometheus as a good option.

What would you recommend or what is your favorite?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    TylerE:
    I have some B-day money to get my first humidor. After doing some review I like the Daniel Marshall humidor. Looking to stay under $500, but also don't want to pay for a name. I also had someone recommend Prometheus as a good option. What would you recommend or what is your favorite?
    First... Hello Tyler, It's always nice to meet new members. Do you have a large collection, or fairly new to the hobby ? 500 buck get can get a REALLY nice humidor. It sounds like too much if your just starting out. That money can be better spent filling a nice under 200 dollar humidor. I have 4 humidors and spent no more than 150 for any of them. First was a fifty count , next 150, then Two more that are 150-200. What size and style are you thinking ? It seems excessive. My are all Cuban Cabinet brand.
  • Thank you, My collection is small right now. Around 10 cigars. Fairly new and just tired of getting cigars from people and having no place to store them. Size and style I am open on. Size I would prefer to get something that will hold 60-70+. Style are you referring to color and wood or something else?

I am looking at this as I do when i buy a TV. They range from 1k-3k in price, but what is the difference in them. Usually you can find something in the middle that is really nice.

Thank you for the quick response.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Seriously, keep looking online.. there is no need to spend 500 bucks on a 150-200 count desktop humidor. Avoid the 25-30 dollar ones, you don't need to spend a ton of cash for a nice humidor either. Get in the 100-150 price range and you will get something nice.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Havana Footlocker comes to mind. It runs about $150 and can hold up to 250-300 cigars...or so they say. I posted a link in another thread to a decent looking, medium sized humidor, I'll post it again here for you to take a look at. I think it runs about 10% of your budget, which leaves a lot of room for buying some nice stogies to fill it.Link
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    The one I bought was called the Diablo, I think. It holds 300 and was just a bit over a hundred bucks, IIRC.